S3 Brake upgrade

jammyjambo

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone recommend a front brake disc, calliper and pad upgrade for my 2000year S3? The standard ones are burnt out from track days so I'm looking for a reasonably priced upgrade that'll work for road and track.
Many thanks
James

the 4 pot brembo GT kit from a seat leon cupra R is a popular choice, not sure about the normal cost though

about £1000 i believe these days. Probably the most cost effective solution these days as you can get replacement discs for a good price (£134/set for OEM discs or £200/set for drilled slotted, or just slotted)

The other alternative is to buy a set of brackets from MBT (www.mbt-engineering.de) yo would need the MBT-140 bracket, and find some porsche calipers and some discs of your choice. MBT drill the bracket to the correct dimensions depending on the caliper and disc combo. A good upgrade would be Boxster S calipers and Leon Cupra R discs. Probably work out cheaper than the kit...Maybe

i've read alot on the tarox discs which i've bought to go along with some ferrodo ds2500. will keep you posted.