s3 brake upgrades

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
in need of upgrading my brakes shortly looking for uprated front and rear was thinking of getting blackdiamond discs front and rear then ferodo ds3000 front pads and standard rear pads then some braided hoses front and rear and bleeding through some dot 5, would this be ok as im considering aiming for the 350bhp mark early next year,

but would like a big disc upgrade on front and some sort of upgrade to match on the rear which wouldnt cost anymore than £1000
was looking at r32 calipers or 8p s3 calipers ideally, is there any easy conversion for these???any recomendations welcome and links would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

The popular and proven choice on here, and what I would do if I was going for big power is the Brembo GT kit. Someone else who has recently ordered them could advise but they go for circa £900 I believe (see on site below). After having cracked and warped discs with drilled EBC's I would go grooved next time whatever I ordered.

Not sure about rears but I would have thought a good disc/pad upgrade would be good enough as the front does most of the stopping.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

but i also need to change rear discs and pads to so would you stick with oe discs then and maybe just uprate the rear pads?

but i also need to change rear discs and pads to so would you stick with oe discs then and maybe just uprate the rear pads?

Under hard braking your front does virtually all the work so yes I would stick with the OE discs, and put on an upgraded pad perhaps. I think some people swap discs and pads for looks (massive front brembo and small rear discs is not to everyones liking). But upgrading I don't believe would give you better braking performance, that seems the common consensus on here. Although I can't confirm from experience.