S3 bucket seat queries

scoobyc

Reaction score
I have an outside chance of getting a pair of these from a 3 dr S3, will these fit an S3 sportback with just the added useless function of folding front seats or is there other complications. They are in reasonable condition but I'm a OCD, so does anyone know the costs involved to repair the bolsters? Many thanks sc.

all depends on where you go to have them fixed
how much are tou geting them for ?

I have an outside chance of getting a pair of these from a 3 dr S3, will these fit an S3 sportback with just the added useless function of folding front seats or is there other complications. They are in reasonable condition but I'm a OCD, so does anyone know the costs involved to repair the bolsters? Many thanks sc.

I had these fitted on my 3 door S3 from a while back. Yum.

Your OCD needs to focus other areas too, the front seats do not contain airbags and I recall the deactivate function was omitted fitted for the front passenger nor was there any ISOFIX capability for the passenger side. I also recall that the curtain airbags were deleted and a nice through load function was fitted along with a first aid kit in the back.

They are great fun but at least one insurer and I had a run in which meant I moved to another, as the first did not like to insure them as partial harness fittings could be added to the car (Yeah, yeah I know...).

I was never able to get the bolster repaired and every S4 and S3 I saw that had the seats had the issues with it folding over. It looked better in the changed design from the TT and R8 but I never worried about it once you were sat in it.
The tilt mechanism should not likely be a problem in a SB but the other areas surely will be... :3sadwalk:

Thanks stevec, sounds like the sort of things that would put me off especially the side airbags (obviously done for a reason).

If your not buying seats pm me please. As I'm after a set to retrim for my s3. :o.k: