S3 CarPlay Bass Issues

AudiAshS3

Reaction score
Hi, I got a 19 plate S3 hatchback a few of weeks ago. (Just read a thread on fuel consumption because I thought I had a fuel leak or someone was siphoning in the night )

The wired CarPlay seems to suck the bass out of any song.
A friend thinks there’s some sort of issue with the connectors on the bass as it only quietens/dulls at really bassy parts… it’s going back to Audi on Monday but wondered if any one has come across this before as I see a lot of threads about no sound etc… but this seems quite specific. I’ve come from a VW R-Line Golf and the sound was unreal.

Audi poole have just said that it’s a setting they have to protect the speakers but it sounds horrible… anyone else experience this?!

On the iPhone turn off sound check and equaliser setting. That’s should help to a point.
I have b&o on mine and not had any issues like yours but had something similar in my a6 with the audi sound system

On the iPhone turn off sound check and equaliser setting. That’s should help to a point.
I have b&o on mine and not had any issues like yours but had something similar in my a6 with the audi sound system
Hi, thanks for your response!
I read to do that on a post on here but it doesn’t help. Bit annoyed I have an expensive car and a terrible sound system! I’ve asked them to quote for a B&O system but I feel like I’m committed to a car that’s not 100% as it should be

Hi, thanks for your response!
I read to do that on a post on here but it doesn’t help. Bit annoyed I have an expensive car and a terrible sound system! I’ve asked them to quote for a B&O system but I feel like I’m committed to a car that’s not 100% as it should be
Can’t see the b&o being a cheap retrofit. £1-2k
Another option some on here have done is the centre speaker and sub from the A.S.S which is meant to be pretty good

I used to have a similar issue where the sub would seem to be very quiet on car play, almost non existent. Switching to radio and then back to car play and would seem to sort it. I am sure it is an issue on iOS rather than the car.