S3 close ups please

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all, I'm currently fitting my S3 bodykit, just need some close ups with good res of current S3 basically the side skirts, from the rear showing the end cap that wraps round the wheel arch area, following along the skirts under the door & along to the front arch, some good quality close ups all the way along, also need some of the door sill which has the s3 logo alum strip, from left to right would be nice & also close up of the fitment of these to the car just so I can compare mine.

Lastly of the underside of the side skirts so I can see the fitment onto the underneath as I think the S3 has threaded bolts hangng down so I screw the nuts onto this to hold in place, but as mine are not there I'll have to come up with something.

Any help would be appreciated please & please pm for email address if can oblige.

Thanks

Have a search mate as I'm sure there are loads on here already!!

Plus is it facelift or non facelift you are after?

already had, Wesley was very kind to do them for me so sorted, amazes me the gaps audi leave on the trims, skirts etc on a new S3, 30k & you get huge gaps!!!!!!

already had, Wesley was very kind to do them for me so sorted, amazes me the gaps audi leave on the trims, skirts etc on a new S3, 30k & you get huge gaps!!!!!!

I haven't on mine!!

ok but what do you call huge gaps, is there a gap from the long skirt to the front end cap of the skirt, there of all places a gap should be so minimal almost unnoticeable

I kinda thougth that since it was genuine Audi parts everything was going to fit snug. Is it just the sills your having problems with? Hows the bonnet/bumper looking? Maybe you could post a pic of the gap your talking about to confirm if the rest of the S3s are the same?

Ive never noticed a gap on mine so it must be small if at all..

Well it does in places but others its not as Wesley's photos showed to me earlier, maybe to others its nothing but me being anal about perfection it is slightly annoying, I can resolve just underneath I have to figure out how to fix it as I'm sure the S3 has welded threads on the bottom as the fixings I have are just nuts to screw onto something which holds the underneath on, top & sides are easy enough, requires new sills I believe as old ones were stuck down & had locating lugs which the skirts now take place of, so sills go over this now.

As you can see the gap between the front skirt cap & the longer section of the skirt, is this me being to anal or normal??

DSC00224.JPG

It follows the line of the door gap, it would look odd if it was different

Sorry but I dont buy that one, lol, it would look alot better if it wasnt a huge gap as I actually did some pushing & shoving to check it & looks much better without gap, of course fitment doesnt allow this permanently so guess I'l have to stick with it, hopefully the darker colour doesnt show it so much, kinda ***** TBH from audi, but I'm starting to see some slackness in detail from audi now, seriously bad gaps even internally on new buttons, amazing how they see that as good.

Ah ok fella so seems normal so cool thats one less thing of my mind, all I need now is if someone can get me images of the underside of the skirts to see how they're fitted to the car, I am pretty sure how but would like confirmation if anyone's got the time.

Thanks.

Yeah, mines like that! Oops, big gappage! my apologies for the above post, but like the other dude said, its just a continuation of the door gap?

hey no worries, now get your butt under the car & get me an image of the skirt fixings, lol, as an apology, lol

Oh come on you pussy, your from yorkshire you're used to the winters, lol, I'm half from that area, old man was from Ripon, thats Yorkshire isnt it, nah mate if its raining then fair play but if you have a chance I would appreciate it.

Will do :thumbsup:

P.s. Ripon is next door to us, im in Harrogate.

Pah, Harrogate is like a little bit of the South in the North ;)
I married a Yorkshire lass, in Ripley.

I thought Yorkshire folk were made of sterner stuff - get out there lad! :)

Hi - good thread.

Really need some help on where to get

1. s3 skirts or votex skirts for facelift 55 plate 2.0 TFSI Sline 3 door
2. Rear S3 diffusor/valance

PLEASE can someone help - I've looked EVERYWHERE

Hi - good thread.

Really need some help on where to get

1. s3 skirts or votex skirts for facelift 55 plate 2.0 TFSI Sline 3 door
2. Rear S3 diffusor/valance

PLEASE can someone help - I've looked EVERYWHERE

2nd hand skirts are so rare that your better of biting bullet & getting from the dealer, even when the rarely come up on ebay they still for for some price. The defusers do crop up occasionally on british & greman ebay but your exhaust wont line up so some modifications will need done.

2nd hand skirts are so rare that your better of biting bullet & getting from the dealer, even when the rarely come up on ebay they still for for some price. The defusers do crop up occasionally on british & greman ebay but your exhaust wont line up so some modifications will need done.

Thanks for the reply - I'll call my local dealership and ask for the Skirts - do they deffo fit a 3 door 2005 / 55 facelift s line 2.0 TFSI?

As for the diffuser - are you sure it doesn't line up on the SLINE version of the facelifted model?

media

can any1 identify the diffusor above or recommend one that WILL fit.

thanx

sounds good nige are you gonna do a wright up about it with pics ....???