S3 Clutch slipping need replacement

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive been having some issue where i thought my S3 has been hesitating. I dropped the car off at Audi to be looked and they think the clutch is slipping and wont replace it under warranty (Only had the car less then 3 months and done less the 2k miles). They would like £1500 for a new clutch :( I really cant afford to pay that.

In the future im looking at going Stage 2+ and know the standard clutch cant handle the power so i guess this is a good chance for me to upgrade.

Can any one recommend a clutch that is good for stage2+ power and also a price that will put a smile back on my face.

Im Hoping i can get a clutch and fitted for around £1000

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks for the reply.

I had a supercharged Fiesta ST before my S3 which had a 6 paddle clutch and i found that quite hard to get use to, as it was either the clutch was on or off and the pedal would jump up at you. Does the Spec clutches feel like this?

Do you know the prices on the other clutches?

I was hoping to get the clutch and labour done for around £1000 but the spec clutch cost 1200 so dont think im going to reach my target.

Thanks

loba sachs smf combo is 975€ on their online shop.
i've got it and i like it.

Cool thanks for the help. Did you buy direct from LOBA?

Thanks for the reply. I had a supercharged Fiesta ST before my S3 which had a 6 paddle clutch and i found that quite hard to get use to, as it was either the clutch was on or off and the pedal would jump up at you. Does the Spec clutches feel like this?Do you know the prices on the other clutches?I was hoping to get the clutch and labour done for around £1000 but the spec clutch cost 1200 so dont think im going to reach my target.Thanks
I've replied also on VAGOC,but I think the Loba would be ideal for you,and I agree totally re paddle clutches as I had one on a Cosworth and it was either in or our,and was awful around town....neither the Loba or the Spec are anything like that,and feel pretty much like a stock clutch.

I don't think you'll better the £1500 price but you'll be able to get a better product for that price though.

I've just put a Sachs and new dmf in mine and whilst it's a bit heavier than OEM it operates very similarly in slip etc but has a more positive bite, took a few weeks but i've gotten used to it now.

Sachs and new LuK DMF+Slave came to just under £700 and I fitted it myself so no labour but I wouldn't have thought you'd top the £1500 at a decent place.

The loba is probably the best if you want to go SMF, I wanted to stick with a DMF for driveability so went with the Sachs.

hi, i got it from loba dealer here.

Yeah thanks for the help.

Looks like i need to find a good price on the LOBA setup.

Also will be clutch continue to get worse to a point where its un drivable?

Thanks

Ryan

I had the same problem with my 2009 S3, I had it 4 months and the clutch started slipping!! but Audi replaced it under warranty, the dealer had said that if Audi did not cover it then they would have replaced it free of charge as I had just bought it.

I would get in touch with Audi customer service, it wont help you with stage 2+ but it would keep you going in the meantime.

I dont know how they can say it is not covered when they dont know what has caused the clutch to slip?? they would have to remove the transmission to check it. On my warranty invoice it was stated that oil/grease from the DMF had contaminated the clutch.

Last edited:
Yeah Audi arent playing ball at all. They have accused me of dumping the clutch at traffic lights and riding the clutch both which i dont do.

I think im going for the stage 2 loba clutch just hoping to find a place will do it fitted for around 1000 now

So you bought this car from an Audi dealer less than three months ago?

It appears this particular dealership don't understand the Sale of Goods Act. You're entitled to a repair, the law considers ANY fault that becomes apparent within the first 6 months to have been present at the point of sale and therefore the onus is on the dealer to prove it wasn't, if they can't do that, they have to fix it.

What I find disappointing is how many times I've said this on these forums in the last few months, it really does appear that car dealers don't take their responsibility seriously.

Reactions: S3-Iain
Sachs and new LuK DMF+Slave came to just under £700 and I fitted it myself so no labour but I wouldn't have thought you'd top the £1500 at a decent place.

Where'd you get it for that price?

I've just fitted my down pipe and the clutch slipped in 4th gear! Damn! I was in the high rev range too, and only at stage1 revo. Looks like its a new clutch first before the stage 2+.