S3 Clutch

Boxxer1973

Reaction score
recently replaced my clutch with a std version and it still seems to be slipping. just wondering if the R32 clutch is the same as it should deal with the torque better ?

why would the 3.2 R32 clutch fit yet alone handle the torque better ???? they are about the same power as the S3. R32 delivers the power smoother from lower revs wheras the S3 dumps a load or torque when it hits 3000k + rpm.

when is it slipping ??? from a standing start ??? Is your S3 std ???

being a V6 and NA id have thought it had a higher torque and both being six speed, bit like on the 5 speeds you can use a VR6 clutch to handle the power.

car is mapped and is on quick take offs i asked a few people on here and spoke to mrc who both said that a std clutch would cope with a remap but it doesnt seem to be so just wondered if the R32 item did rather than £800 for a uprated version

just had a quick look and the S3 std produces 280 N·m (210 ft·lbf) of torque,

where the R32 produces 320 nm of torque at only 2,800 rpm

Last edited:
I dont know about the clutches fitting but the R32 is a lot smoother in the power delivery so the clutch doesn`t really get that big bang as it does in the S3. The R32`s pull straight away from nothing. Be interesting to know if the clutches are any better in the R32 and if they fit but My bet would be not but thats a guess