S3 Competition Exhaust

Fozzer

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please.
Just bought a 2018 S3 Black Edition Saloon and thinking of replacing the current exhaust system. I’m not looking for a big popping and banging noise that takes over the the inside of the car and prevent a comfortable ride just a sporty sound on acceleration.
I have also been told that it is possible to take out and replace a small section of the exhaust for an improved exhaust note and then this could be replaced, say, if you came to sell the car.
As you can see I’m a dinasaur when it comes to this type of thing.
Thanks
Dave

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Mike many thanks for the link would you mind explaining a bit more for me please on how it works, what it replaces etc, is it easy to fix
Cheers

That replaces a resonator with a straight through pipe. I’m looking for the same thing as you. Don’t want silly noise just a bit more when I’m pushing on.
There’s an Audi part number that exist. I put it up on a different post.

Reactions: Fozzer
That replaces a resonator with a straight through pipe. I’m looking for the same thing as you. Don’t want silly noise just a bit more when I’m pushing on.
There’s an Audi part number that exist. I put it up on a different post.
Only problem with the Audi part is it doesn’t have the anti-drone feature like the BCS res delete and because that part number registered for North America it’ll still invalidate the exhaust warranty in the UK and cannot be ordered / fitted by UK main dealers either (what my local dealer told me).

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and AlS3BE
Interested to hear more about this anti drone device.
That’s what I’m trying to avoid as at time I will be doing a few hundred miles in 1 day so the drone is a big no no for me.

Interested to hear more about this anti drone device.
That’s what I’m trying to avoid as at time I will be doing a few hundred miles in 1 day so the drone is a big no no for me.
Well as the name suggests it meant to get rid of the drone at motorway speeds. I have one but on a face-lift car, with the exhaust flaps open the noise is abut annoying at motorway speeds. Just a deep tone really. Shutting the valves makes a considerable difference. But for town driving and having fun valves open and bcs res delete is fine.

A few people on here have one with the face-lift so will be able to chime in. You've also got a 7th gear in a face-lift so I imagine the car is quieter at motorway speeds anyway as rpm is lower.

It costs a few hundred quid so isn't cheap compared to the 50-100 quid ones on ebay. But I didn't want to buy a cheap one and find out the noise was horrible and want to get rid of it. So I bought "the best" on the first occasion. Fitting was done by the guys up near Liverpool. It doesn't sound difficult to DIY, but need good clearance under the car and a tool to cut through the exhaust. I just decided to pay them to install it for me.

I still think everyone should do the exhaust valve mod though as a preliminary step. And then with the res delete if it gets too much, just put them back to stock.

In a facelift you can hit just over 100 before the drone kicks in. So no worries there.

BCS is great, im in a FL so get more pops on downshift, sometimes a bit of a crack. Loader upshift farts, and you get a nice deep exhaust note, especially if you upshift early and really pull through the gear.

Recommend the BCS guys at St Helens, got it fitted £300 there one saturday morning.

Reactions: Lehn and Bells
I'm getting BCS Res delete on my 17 FL S3 and from videos it looks and is the business. Will update once it's fitted next Friday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bells and MattSedg
I recently had a custom Res Delete pipe fitted to my FL S3 from a place in Fife for £80 all in. The noise is superb! But I will admit that town driving, especially when there are high walls either side of the road! Between about 2700-3300rpm theres a big drone outside. I do also have the exhaust valves unplugged so that might be part of it. What was also discovered when I took it in was: the expected Golf R equivalent res delete pipe didn't quite fit my 3 door S3, so they had to make a new pipe for it to fit. Still only cost 80 quid. Does anyone on here have a video of a Res Delete AND Exhaust valves open?

I recently had a custom Res Delete pipe fitted to my FL S3 from a place in Fife for £80 all in. The noise is superb! But I will admit that town driving, especially when there are high walls either side of the road! Between about 2700-3300rpm theres a big drone outside. I do also have the exhaust valves unplugged so that might be part of it. What was also discovered when I took it in was: the expected Golf R equivalent res delete pipe didn't quite fit my 3 door S3, so they had to make a new pipe for it to fit. Still only cost 80 quid. Does anyone on here have a video of a Res Delete AND Exhaust valves open?
Should have got a res delete with anti drone from BCS

What is the anti drone device in the bcs? Is it just a baffle or resonator?
Curious how they do it in what should be a straight through pipe.

Reactions: KevS3-
What is the anti drone device in the bcs? Is it just a baffle or resonator?
Curious how they do it in what should be a straight through pipe.
Not sure , maybe @BCS Nige can advise? All I know (with my basic knowledge) is it's a sticky out bit on the pipe.

Only thing I'd say about that is - it sounds exactly the same as my FL did before Res Delete
I can 1000% say that it is a lot louder and sportier than pre Res delete. Having a S3 Facelift and having had this done, as my source .

I can 1000% say that it is a lot louder and sportier than pre Res delete. Having a S3 Facelift and having had this done, as my source .

Fair enough mate Just doesn't come across that well on video. Like most things tho,
to be fair. I'll try and get a video of mine when I can

Fair enough mate Just doesn't come across that well on video. Like most things tho,
to be fair. I'll try and get a video of mine when I can
I'll try and get one of mine sometime this week too, problem is videos don't really do it justice.

I do on my PFL though I found that with valves open at 80mph the noise was still a tiny bit annoying. Just a bit of a deep sound.

So I bought the overly priced AWE system to close the valves by pressing a button. It makes quite a big difference. You can deffo hear the difference when opening/closing them at motorway speeds.

Videos are always rubbish but around 24? Seconds after the pause I open the valves and you can hear the difference even at idle

Happy to offer you the Anti drone pipe with the forum member discount...
Alternatively we can offer the Powervalve boost actuated variable tone system (REV III - more pops and burbles off boost).

Vid below shows the most extreme variant with cat delete pipe on a GR7 (same MQB platform)...

Images below show the Centre Delete Pipe with DDE (Dynamic Drone Eliminator)
Cheers
Nige

5.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Reactions: AlS3BE and oli356