S3 Creaking noise when driving at higher speeds

kenc

Reaction score
Hi!

I know I'm a newbie but I have been a long time lurker around these forums.. I've scoured google and these forums for this issue that I have but I haven't seen a thread about it.

Does anyone know what could be causing a creaking noise when I am driving on the freeway at fast speeds? I have a 2017 8V S3. When I am driving 65+ MPH on the freeway, it sounds like a creaking, almost springlike noise coming from the front passenger or rear passenger seats.. I've taken it into Audi to get it checked but due to them not driving the car on the freeway to test, they could not replicate the noise. I have a video recording of the noise but I am unsure how to post that here.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas! It drives me insane.

It’s probably the seat belt height adjuster, they’re well known for it. Click it down and back up and it’ll sort it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s probably the seat belt height adjuster, they’re well known for it. Click it down and back up and it’ll sort it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I will give this a try on my drive home in about an hour and report back with my findings.

Darn. I was hoping the above would fix the noise but it didn't.. Back to the dealership I go for another crack at it.. Will report back.