S3 Door Body Part Creaking and EPB Question

Auscyuk

Reaction score
Weird one was cleaning my car the other day and pressed down on the seal of the windows and it creaked and felt like it wasn’t fitted properly. Has this happened to anyone else ? It’s the part just by the gap between the drivers door and back passenger’s door (by the B pillar) just under the window seal.
(Yeah needs a clean again lol )
83D57AD1 4726 43C1 858C 9C8B70D2B17E

On another note, noticed something with the parking break and wanted to see if anyone else has faced this or has any input. Sometimes it will disengage automatically when you press the accelerstor on drive and other times it will ask to release parking brake. Will it do the parking brake any damage if it doesn’t release automatically and you’re pressing on the accelerator and slightly pushing against the parking brake by trying to move forwards?

Literally noticed the other day that mine creaks, as I closed my drivers door I heard a squeak - I starting pressing the black trim part and it was creaking. Not sure if this is normal or not though...

I think it might just be the rubber seals between the front and rear doors where they meet once closed, mine is similar and this was my conclusion. More of a rubber squeak than a creak on mine.

Parking brake will only release automatically if you have your seat belt on. If you don’t, you have to manually release it.

Reactions: lgooch
Parking brake will only release automatically if you have your seat belt on. If you don’t, you have to manually release it.

Makes sense thanks for that. Do you know if it does any damage to the parking brake if you accidentally slightly accelerate whilst the brake is up?

Makes sense thanks for that. Do you know if it does any damage to the parking brake if you accidentally slightly accelerate whilst the brake is up?
I doubt it, the car is quite intelligent.

Accidentally no. Repeatedly probably will.

Reactions: RichK
Not anymore - It used to be like that but on the facelift 8V and the new 8Y you no longer need the seatbelt on - I think it should still be like that though for safety

I noticed (parking brake issue, window seal, let me press my car door area (like yours) sometime this week and find out if it does) that on the S tronic, if you are in drive, come to a stop, and instantly press engine off switch, it would go to Park, and engage the e-handbrake. However if when stopped and you just press P button, it would NOT engage the handbrake. I tend to not want to engage my handbrake when I park at my normal parking space, as I know it's level. However if I'm out an about, I always ensure the e-handbrake is engaged at any parking space.