S3 Door Still Trim

chrisb72

Reaction score
I have managed to damage the stainless steel door trim on my S3 Sportback (Drivers door)

Does anyone know what part number / cost for a replacement?

Is it just the metal insert or the whole plastic plate that will need to be ordered?

I assume Audi Dealer is my only option after failed Google searches for one online.

Many thanks
Chris

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'd expect it to be the complete part - looks to be held on with double sided tape.

Reactions: pburv
Try our parts request system

Reactions: pburv
Sorry to hear that mate.

I'd expect it to be the complete part - looks to be held on with double sided tape.

If this is the case I think a bit of careful prising will be needed.

(I'm too embarrassed to say how I damaged it and no I wasn't wearing the wife's high heals.)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: Scottyg

(I'm too embarrassed to say how I damaged it and no I wasn't wearing the wife's high heals.)
Now you can't tell us that much and not tell the rest :p haha

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68, chrisb72 and 1 other person

You may as well trying to prise the edge of the damaged stainless bit first to remove it rather than at the edges of the part nearest the paint and work from the inside out to remove it if that makes sense.

Reactions: Scottyg
You may as well trying to prise the edge of the damaged stainless bit first to remove it rather than at the edges of the part nearest the paint and work from the inside out to remove it if that makes sense.

The metal section is well and truly prised off with no damage to the plastic unlike the metal section which is bent to death.

Ok I will confess: Basically one end had come lose the other month and I tried to restick it down, but ended up bending the end trying to get the double sided stick pad under neath. I cursed for a bit as the metal got creased at the bend and then tried to live with that. Then today during a monster cleaning session I started playing with it again as it had come unstuck and just made it even worse. I ended up removing the whole thing thinking there maybe a chance I could straighten it up. Not quite sure where those thoughts came from, but I wish they had stayed where they were as I now have a bare plastic trim until I get it replaced. I might have to exit the car via the passenger side so I don't have to look at it.

Reactions: Rob2k68
The part numbers are on the pictures in the link, Sorry that's what I meant

Easy mistake I guess, at least you know for next time!