S3 Eibach Springs (Fronts Only) - Where to get?

scotty dugg

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

Looking into trying to get some Eibach lowering springs for my 57' plate S3, part number E10-15-007-14-20.

Hoping someone know's of somewhere that does them cheap or will have a Black Friday offer on.

Imagine rubber top mounts would be best changed at the same time?

Cheers for the help.

Awesome gti are doing a sale, try dpm performance that's where I got mine. Definitely change top mounts.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers man, DPM are out of stock till next week and couldn't actually find them AwesomeGTI?

I'll take another look, although their postage to Aberdeen is normally extortionate.

I got mine from LVS Racing and original top mounts from Mike via the parts request system.

I just fitted mine at the weekend. I would strongly advise getting new too mounts.when undoing the bolts for the struts 3 of the built in nuts on the top mount spun. After much angle grinding of the top bolts I got them out but had to leave the car on stands till I got a new top mount. Nightmare

I used the Febi mounts of eBay work fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as me, they are fine. Pretty sure mine came with FAG bearing too.

Make sure you change the bearing too!

Reactions: mechanic69
I used the Febi mounts of eBay work fine

Same as me, they are fine. Pretty sure mine came with FAG bearing too.

My suspension knowledge is pretty poor and so I thought I'd double check prior to upgrading next year. Coilovers will be coming in a couple years but for now it'll just be some H&R springs then ARB's. You're both saying that it is worth replacing the top mounts and bearing, I've searched Febi Top Mounts S3 8P on ebay but there's a couple different items for sale with different parts pictured/not pictured, therefore could you link me to the correct one please?

Cheers guys, got top mounts and springs sourced.

Curious as to whether folk put standard droplinks or shortened back on? Will be replacing these also.

You should use shortened droplinks to match the the lowering. It has been known for the arb to knock on something else when the spinga are compressed.

You should use shortened droplinks to match the the lowering. It has been known for the arb to knock on something else when the spinga are compressed.

I've used the standard links with no knocking. Tried the white line adjustables but the locking nuts come loose and the steel threads wreck the aluminium threads in the body. Waste of money. Still looking for a decent adjustable that doesn't have ally body

I've used the standard links with no knocking. Tried the white line adjustables but the locking nuts come loose and the steel threads wreck the aluminium threads in the body. Waste of money. Still looking for a decent adjustable that doesn't have ally body

How low are you on your Bilstein B8s mate? For now until I get coilovers I'm going to get H&R 25mm lowering springs to go with H&R ARBs and SuperPro ALK, of which I'll also be replacing both front strut mounts with FEBI ones and was going to get adjustable drop links to avoid knocking. How much are standard drop links and where did you get them from? As I've seen a pair of FK droplinks for £27.

Edit: After reading again I've just seen that the FK ones are shortened, Venom Motor Sport also state that knocking tends to only occur when lowering 40mm and below.

Last edited:
I've gone standard droplinks for the front, 'carparts4less' had 10% off yesterday so got them for about £27.00.

Getting the top mounts linked above.

Reactions: HHS3
I take it people are just replacing the drop links for good practice? Do front and rear both need to be replaced or just the front?

How low are you on your Bilstein B8s mate? For now until I get coilovers I'm going to get H&R 25mm lowering springs to go with H&R ARBs and SuperPro ALK, of which I'll also be replacing both front strut mounts with FEBI ones and was going to get adjustable drop links to avoid knocking. How much are standard drop links and where did you get them from? As I've seen a pair of FK droplinks for £27.

Edit: After reading again I've just seen that the FK ones are shortened, Venom Motor Sport also state that knocking tends to only occur when lowering 40mm and below.

Mines on eibach 25-30 lower, I went to the stealer 25 quid each

I only changed them cos I was getting knocking at the front, thought it might be the joints

Ah I see, so unless there's an issue then the stock drop links don't really need to be changed.

What was your knocking at the front and how did you sort it?