S3 Exhaust Change

Milnesafc

Reaction score
Thinking about changing the exhaust on my FL S3, just wondering if anyone has any advice on best system to get.

Also does this have any impact on warranty and have people seen a marked increase in insurance costs?

Reactions: Joe4842
I picked up my facelift on Friday and have a milltek cat back waiting to go on, This will not affect any warranty but getting a downpipe will...

Reactions: Rob2k68
I picked up my facelift on Friday and have a milltek cat back waiting to go on, This will not affect any warranty but getting a downpipe will...

Nice !!

What did you go for valved / resonated / tips ?

I'm running the non valved,non resonated Milltek exhaust on my FL

Barely louder then stock. Once I add the downpipe I'm sure it will be way louder

I've only got DP/sportcat into standard (OEM) system. Sounds just right for me, growl/burble on initial startup is delicious!

Reactions: Wood_Duck, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I'm contemplating getting the scorpion non valved and non res to go with my scorpion de cat.

But I like the sound of the OEM exhaust with this set up.

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
I've only got DP/sportcat into standard (OEM) system. Sounds just right for me, growl/burble on initial startup is delicious!
Any chance of a video please? :)

On the warranty issue, check with your dealer how they feel about mods. I have 2 dealers within reasonable distance to me and I found one didn't want to hear it whilst the other didn't care in the slightest

Reactions: Milnesafc and batch
I'm contemplating getting the scorpion non valved and non res to go with my scorpion de cat.

But I like the sound of the OEM exhaust with this set up.
My mate has a scorpion resonate non valved cat back, apparently scorpion don't do a non res non valved cat back as it's too droney. His sounds good though.

Had to get rid of my car unfortunately, which means my BCS Powervalve Catback is for sale..

OEM S3 8V tips plastidipped black to give an OEM+ look
Fitted for 1 year - No damage (Will take some pictures when I get the opportunity)
Sounds absolutely fantastic!! Anyone that has heard one in person will vouch in saying that the tone is just spot on. Subtle driving around 'normally/sedately' then on boost it sounds borderline anti-social!
Just do a google search to see the amount of positive feedback the BCS powervalve system has & (how it works if you don't know).

RRP £1400 (Inc. customisation of wanting OEM tips)

£700

PM me if you're interested - If no interest then I'm tempted to keep it just in case I might end up buying another VAG product in the future.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, BCS Nige, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Had both a BCS exhaust and a miltek on my focus RS as various times and the BCS quality was far far far better than the miltek in my opinion. SO BCS would get my vote.

Reactions: BCS Nige
Milltek ! Really loved the quality of my last system, if I decide to do my S3. It has to be a Milltek

Reactions: Rob2k68
Think I'm just gonna order the Milltek been toying with it long enough.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Fiddie and karb0n
Think I'm just gonna order the Milltek been toying with it long enough.

Do it Rob, worse thing you can do is toy with the idea of buying something! I've been like that with the Sonos Play:1, decided now I'm just gonna get it.

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Rob2k68
Do it Rob, worse thing you can do is toy with the idea of buying something! I've been like that with the Sonos Play:1, decided now I'm just gonna get it.

I like you're style matey :friends:

I'll ring them tomorrow and see if they can squeeze me in for Friday.

Reactions: SJ43, azibux1, deanshaw24 and 1 other person
De-cat is penal here in Italy.. is not the best thing to do :sweatsmile:

M
Milltek ! Really loved the quality of my last system, if I decide to do my S3. It has to be a Milltek
milltek and quality in the same sentence? Haha I had two on my 8P and had to get both rewelded and the second one the baffles in the back box collapsed

Reactions: Pederson
What about just a resonator delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayner_1704
I prefer don't cut the stock exhaust..

Reactions: Milnesafc
M

milltek and quality in the same sentence? Haha I had two on my 8P and had to get both rewelded and the second one the baffles in the back box collapsed

Mine was fine :)

Reactions: zippster, Rob2k68 and Rayner_1704