S3 Ferodo DS Performance Part Numbers

Sea_Bass

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for some new pads for my 2014 S3 Sportback, still on OEM discs ... hoping for some help with part numbers.
According to the Ferodo site it looks like FDS4433 (front) & FDS4697 (rears), these part numbers are confirmed on many other sites. However, the cheapest place to buy at the moment seems to be Demon Tweaks (£138 & £132) but they state that these parts don't fit the car - very confused!

I've had EBC Red & Yellow, and Ferodo DS Performance & DS2500 on previous cars (matched to a range of different discs) so have a good feel for the comparisons and I'm happy with the choice of pads I'm going with for the S3 based on my type of usage of the car.

Can anyone confirm the part numbers or a cheaper place to source? Thanks

Speak to Trevor at TFT

He’s the agent for DS pads.

252635ebecaa943f947fc47624f33190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE and jimojameso
Thanks both for taking the time to reply

Harvey - unfortunately despite being comfortable doing some DIY to my cars, popping a pad out fills me with dread so I may drive to my nearest trusted indi and ask them the same question - although I'm minimising driving the car as the pad light came on over the weekend.

T-1000 - I've just spent the last 20mins searching this site and various google attempts but coming up short in identifying who/what TFT is or how to contact Trevor, came across a few of your other posts though, any chance you could give me a pointer please?

Thanks both for taking the time to reply

Harvey - unfortunately despite being comfortable doing some DIY to my cars, popping a pad out fills me with dread so I may drive to my nearest trusted indi and ask them the same question - although I'm minimising driving the car as the pad light came on over the weekend.

T-1000 - I've just spent the last 20mins searching this site and various google attempts but coming up short in identifying who/what TFT is or how to contact Trevor, came across a few of your other posts though, any chance you could give me a pointer please?

Seriously ? you can’t see the phone numbers above

Ha, you mentioned TFT and the details said RFT, I even looked at their site and saw nothing but Komi suspension so never connected the dots - will call tomorrow, thanks again!

I've had EBC Red & Yellow, and Ferodo DS Performance & DS2500 on previous cars (matched to a range of different discs) so have a good feel for the comparisons and I'm happy with the choice of pads I'm going with for the S3 based on my type of usage of the car.

How did the Redstuff compare with Ferodo DS Performance inc brake dust ?

Ha, you mentioned TFT and the details said RFT, I even looked at their site and saw nothing but Komi suspension so never connected the dots - will call tomorrow, thanks again!

Lol yes RFT.

****** iPhone

• Haha
Reactions: AlS3BE
Sorry for the late reply Gazwould!
I had them on a 2004 Leon Cupra R: Redstuff + EOM Brembo discs as well as with drilled brembos. The DS Performance were also on the drilled brembos and on grooved and dimpled discs.
The redstuff didn't do much stopping when cold but with heat worked well, they were pretty good for dust but I never had faith on how much braking performance I had - you could brake hard from speed and then release the pressure as the pads warmed and maintain the same braking force, hard to explain but a few times I stopped well short of where I wanted to as the heat made the force more aggressive. I never fitted them to another car again, and they seemed pretty hard on the discs.
The DS Performance had much better cold bite, didn't behave as variably as the Redstuff and weren't much more dusty but a much better pad. When the time came, I fitted DS Performance pads to every car I've had since, except the Impreza. That had Yellow stuff when I bought it which were the same as the Reds but more extreme in all 3 measures and I replaced with DS2500 which were great matched to g-hook discs.
I'd fit DS2500 to my S3 with the stage 1 map if it were my only car, but fortunately it is just my daily/family car so happy to go with the DS Performance. Never felt the need to waiver from Ferodo tbh...

Reactions: AlS3BE and 8YARWY
Just to close this thread down, I can confirm that I needed the larger front pads for my car which came with wear sensors.
Trevor sorted me out, great price & great service!

Reactions: 8YARWY