S3 - First official Pics

look sbetter now i see it in the flesh

nice in sliver - was going to get black , but now..................,ay be not.

I like the front, think the sides look too fussy and halfords addon style, the rear isn't too bad. Colour is terrible, S cars should not be sold in Silver!!!

The wheels arn't great either, I'l like to see a nogaro blue one in real life I think...

It doesn't mention anything about wider track, performance sounds very good if it'll get to 60 in 5.7 though!

mark88 said:
Only thing I can't quite work is whether the door mirrors are chrome or not?

They look chrome to me. I dont like the side sills at all... look to contrived. Looks good though but they shouldve the S6 wheels on instead of the S8. Its got Haldex and not quattro

My negatives are thus...in terms of how it looks

1. Body panels are basically the same as the regular A3, ie no flared archces. Basically the front/rear bumper and side skirts are the only parts tht have changed. Not enough IMO
2. No chrome round windows
3. No twin exhausts
4. No ally mirror caps
5. 18" S8 copy wheels
6. Ugly rear bumper
7. Sports seats appear to be S-line seats?
8. Looks too much like an A3 S-line

I dunno, whilst these pics are no doubt the best we've seen I can't be sure it's gonna be worth while spending the extra on a car that looks not too different from the one I have already. :-/ I hope there's some nice options, sat nav as standard included in the price would help aswell ;-)

btw, the front reminds me of the focus ST

More info and bigger pics

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2060801.007/audi/new-audi-s3-revealed

http://www.germancarfans.com/news/2060801.007/2060801.007.1L.jpg
http://www.germancarfans.com/news/2060801.007/2060801.007.mini1L.jpg
http://www.germancarfans.com/news/2060801.007/2060801.007.mini2L.jpg

Quote "There is a contrasting platinum grey diffuser built into the rear skirt, along with two S-style oval chrome tailpipes. Aluminium-look door mirrors and a body-colour roof spoiler give added impact to the visual statement."

Oval tailpipes? grey diffuser? Ally door mirrors? Am I missing something?

marriedblonde said:
I like it as well, not sure if I would go for that or the new TT though.

J.

Me either, the only issue I have with the TT is the practicality, and the image(slghtly)...

That and the fact that S-Line isnt available yet. If you could fit an adult in the back of the TT I think it seems a better way to spend 30k

like it, interior is very nice. Body wise would have prefer no kit but flared arches. Its certainly worth thinking about.

'17-inch brake system with sports brake pads ensure maximum deceleration; the black painted callipers bear S3 emblems.'

nice

I like it too, think the interior looks good, but I am disappointed that the arches are not flared

alecblack said:
I like it too, think the interior looks good, but I am disappointed that the arches are not flared

I bet that's exactly the reason why these press pics are in Silver, because it shows the shadows more and thus makes the standard arches look that little bit more agressive, even though they remain unchanged.

ajbroch said:
more i think about it i will stick to black. black is best

I'm defo not going with black, everytime I see another A3 on the road, 9 times out of 10 it's black!

Saw a Sprint Blue RS4 the other week and it looked awesome, I wonder how Sprint looks on the S3.

Press release is up on the Audi Uk site....

main points:
• New A3 range performance flagship expected to open for UK ordering in early September – first UK customer deliveries scheduled for January 2007
• Estimated UK OTR price approximately £27,000
• Specially developed 2.0 Turbo FSI engine features alloy head, new turbo charger with enlarged turbine and compressor rotor and modified intercooler. 265PS@6,000rpm, 350Nm from 2,500rpm to 5,000rpm
• 0-62mph in 5.7 seconds, top speed limited to 155mph, combined mpg 25.7
• Six-speed manual gearbox with reduced shift travel, quattro four-wheel-drive
• Sports suspension incorporating greater aluminium content and revised spring and damper settings, power steering settings modified for optimum feel and response
• Exclusive 18-inch alloy wheels and S quattro body styling with trademark aluminium-look door mirror surrounds, enhanced sports interior

I think it would look good in sprint blue - why ae people going on about the seats I cant see them? Wish they had made the car lower and wider. No mention of lightweight body panels or 60/40 split

Ive been waiting ages for this car, and to be honest im disapointed.
My names been down for a test drive, so ill take it for a spin to see what it compares to my 3.2 S-Line

marshalld said:
Press release is up on the Audi Uk site....

main points:
• New A3 range performance flagship expected to open for UK ordering in early September – first UK customer deliveries scheduled for January 2007
• Estimated UK OTR price approximately £27,000
• Specially developed 2.0 Turbo FSI engine features alloy head, new turbo charger with enlarged turbine and compressor rotor and modified intercooler. 265PS@6,000rpm, 350Nm from 2,500rpm to 5,000rpm
• 0-62mph in 5.7 seconds, top speed limited to 155mph, combined mpg 25.7
• Six-speed manual gearbox with reduced shift travel, quattro four-wheel-drive
• Sports suspension incorporating greater aluminium content and revised spring and damper settings, power steering settings modified for optimum feel and response
• Exclusive 18-inch alloy wheels and S quattro body styling with trademark aluminium-look door mirror surrounds, enhanced sports interior

Where's the link?

S_Line said:
Ive been waiting ages for this car, and to be honest im disapointed.
My names been down for a test drive, so ill take it for a spin to see what it compares to my 3.2 S-Line

I think 3.2 owners looking to upgrade will be the most dissapointed of all. :-/

Its not all bad.. Quattro GMBH have allready anounced a new S3 uprated body kit intime for 1st deliveries
0036613_b.jpg

Couldn't see anything on the Audi UK press release site,last entry was july 20th. Did I miss something.....?

silver75 said:
Its not all bad.. Quattro GMBH have allready anounced a new S3 uprated body kit intime for 1st deliveries
0036613_b.jpg
That looks terrible, imo. :puke2:

looks good, but wont change my mind. i'm getting the new TT next year

There is a copy of an Audi press release about the new S3, including some exterior and interior photos on this web-site:

www.car.kak.net

Strange. :huh:

It was _definitely_ there.
Wonder what will have changed when it re-appears...
Price? Order book opening? delivery dates?

marshalld said:
Strange. :huh:

It was _definitely_ there.
Wonder what will have changed when it re-appears...
Price? Order book opening? delivery dates?

Hopefully, all of the above, and some changes to the car ;-)

I think it looks quite nice. Flared arches would have been good though. Also a shame they don't do a sportback version. Guess I'll have to keep saving for the RS4 Avant.

I wonder what it will remap to though. 300bhp?

I like it a lot too! Has real presence but isn't in your face, and the performance stats look very impressive - sub-6 seconds is where it should be for the money. Let's hope they made it as good to drive as the RS4!

benw123 said:
I like it a lot too! Has real presence but isn't in your face, and the performance stats look very impressive - sub-6 seconds is where it should be for the money. Let's hope they made it as good to drive as the RS4!

The problem is though, we all saw this exact same car a few weeks ago in yellow and red, the only difference being it had S-line badges. In those pics it didn't look so hot. :-(