Facelift S3 FL now running APR

Chris Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi,

So I bit the bullet and got my car into the garage and have now got APR stage 1 with the APR carbon intake and the APR turbo muffler delete installed. WOW, just WOW. This car is now an animal im still blown back every time I put the foot down. I am still to get an exhaust fitted then it will go on the dyno and ill post the results.Currently it looks like im 410bhp and 410lb/ft

Picture attached :)
6BD4C57D 1B1A 45C5 8BE3 B9B8B6A76588

Reactions: lucaslfc, The Kendragon, keenu and 2 others
Got to smile when you see 410bhp in a small hatch back :)

I do miss the occasional blast in the S3, a few times now I've pulled off the lights and had the front wheels spin :(....never had that in my S3.....think I'll be getting back into one in 3 years time :)

Hi,

So I bit the bullet and got my car into the garage and have now got APR stage 1 with the APR carbon intake and the APR turbo muffler delete installed. WOW, just WOW. This car is now an animal im still blown back every time I put the foot down. I am still to get an exhaust fitted then it will go on the dyno and ill post the results.Currently it looks like im 410bhp and 410lb/ft
And Clutch ?
Picture attached :)
View attachment 142488

i doubt you are at 410hp with just those mods....but look forward to seeing some (conservative) dyno results....also if you think Stage 1 is "wow" I cant wait to see what you think if you go full Stage 2 :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and lucaslfc
Wow! looks great, im actually stage 2, but i dont have the carbon intake and the APR turbo muffler, just downpipe.. i shoud go for that. Im now 374cv.

How is the 7 speed box coping with the power any slip in higher gears when you come on boost?
Dont think the tcu tune is out yet?

i doubt you are at 410hp with just those mods....but look forward to seeing some (conservative) dyno results....also if you think Stage 1 is "wow" I cant wait to see what you think if you go full Stage 2 :)
He could be, mine made 399bhp with just a a stage one map

Reactions: Rob2k68
Must admit for £1000 for a map, intake and turbo muffler. I reckon you'll be hitting 400PS which seems almost too good to be true on such a small car. Really really tempting for me

Reactions: Rob2k68
I basically used a guestimate from what APR UK have said are the gains on the FL. I'm running 99oct fuel and its all the car has seen in its life. They were saying that i should find min of 80bhp from stage 1 and then a min of 20bhp from the intake. The muffler they said would be negligible but could cause an increase in a few bhp. My guestimates were working at 306+80+20 to give a rought 410PS. Once I have my milltek exhaust system fitted I will take it to a DYNO and share the results.

I find the car a bit rougher when taking off or in low gears, but im still kinda getting used to the gearbox being my first auto ive had. Top end the car actually scares me a bit, there is no slowing down in how its pulls and thats even when you start reaching some high numbers. Back end is much more playful now than before even had it get a bit wiggly on a launch with the esc in sport.

Chris, It's a huge increase over stock. Depends on what dyno but generally the Stage 1 HO with inlet pipe and intake are about 380hp and 410lbs. I recently saw one on Unicorns dyno was about 360hp and 405lbs torque. It's the MASSIVE torque increase that makes it so strong.

I think it's been shown that to hit 400+hp you would need stage 2 with IC upgrade. Not that it matters, only numbers. These cars are insanely fast with stage 1 HO. Enjoy.

I must admit I’m itching for mods and a map, having had a 430bhp S3 8p and now having 310 in my new s3 it does feel a little slow

Turbo noise is definitely enhanced, the intake also gives off a nice whine. The power though just blows your mind. Ive went from a 69bhp 1.4l ford fiesta that i got rid of in Sep 15 to get a brand new GTD at 180bhp, mapped that to 220bhp and now the S3. I think that with any more power i should probably change the brakes

Reactions: lucaslfc and SeoTFSI
I ended up buying the 700quid Racingline kit.VWR600 induction kit with the intake hose, turbo elbow and also the muffler delete. All easy to fit.

Love the noise it gives now puts a smile on me face but keeps makin me want to hoof it all the time haha.

Nxt will be the resonator delete kit for the standard pipe as it sounds sweet. Then stage one after xmas :)

Glad you like your mods then matey ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SeoTFSI
Can I ask what made you choose the APR over REVO? I am stuck between the two.
Also where are you local too?

Recommendation from a friend who has always mapped his petrol cars. I live in Penicuik near Edinburgh so I had it all done at Autohaus in Loanhead, they done a good job and were very professional from first contact.

I had someone yesterday in a M2 decide that he would try and pullaway from me, he failed miserably :tearsofjoy:, the S3 absolutely destroyed it

Damn, it is so tempting. I would like to sit in a stage 1 8VF and be able to compare it to mine and feel the actual difference but I am in Manchester haha.
Lovely car btw pal.

I would like to follow you man. But i drive some trackdays (5/6 a year) and i’m very warried about to destroy the gearbox and engine!! :(

Reactions: ASRman
My car is used as a daily driver with about 20k miles being put on it every year, its probably gonna be a bit more this year but I use a few different apps to track the costs as the car is used for business. Im really only going to keep it for a few years and then move on so its a bit of a toy to sink my spare money into. After a few weeks with it the only real difference it makes to my daily driving is that it is a bit less smooth when in E mode going in and out of gear when it coasts. Other than this the extra performance is amazing and the sound of the intake and the whoosh of the turbo now just make me smile. I still love the colour of it too, Vegas Yellow FTW