Facelift S3 FL now with mods fitted

Chris Reynolds

Reaction score
Hello fellow Audi enthusiasts,

So I have now been an S3FL owner for 3 months and my car has covered 6k miles.

My car is a Vegas Yellow Black Edition, S-Tronic with the tech pack and parking plus. She isnt the highest spec but I have now done most of my mods that I plan to do with the car.

1. I wasnt a great fan of the standard wheels that came on the black edition, so i found some aftermarket RS6 19" wheels for a decent price and they really transform the look of the car. They are 10mm spaced on the front and 15mm spaced on the back.

2. My dad remapped his car so it was faster than mine, so i decided to go one step further. After 3k ish miles I booked the car into my local APR dealer for the stage 1 remap (high torque) and the carbon intake system to be fitted. If anyone has been wondering wether or not to remap their car and has a similar attitude towards warranty, I recommend remapping your car asap. Its insane, like totally insane.

3. Noise, the standard sound from the exhaust is pretty good especially with the pops and bangs that you get around the 4000rpm mark. Good wasnt enough so i went and got myself a Miltek Catback system, non resonated and non valved with the round black tips. Firstly it looks amazing, the black tips fits will with the rest of the black edition parts. The sound, well it sounds pretty amazing now, on acceleration you get a very 'throaty' noise and the pops and bangs are amplified a lot. It actually sounds more like the RS3 now. The gearbox farts are pretty loud now too.

I will once i have found an AWD dyno in scotland get the power and torque figures and post them here. If there are any guys here from Scotland who know where I can find a Dyno please be in touch :)

Next plans. Well i dont really plan on ever owning the car so im not gonna take it to stage 2 or do anything else to the performance. I do want to get a few bits on the exterior wrapped to make the car a little more unique. I know the owner at TLC detailing in Stirling and I plan to get the roof wrapped in gloss black, the audi badge on the back wrapped black, and the audi badge on the front wrapped in yellow. The splitter and skirts wrapped in black too. He is also going to wrap my keys in yellow with the S3 logo on them which would be a cool little touch

Once I get the chance to properly clean the car up, I will get some photos up here for you all :)

Cheers

Reactions: Leevr, JonnyS3, Tej13 and 3 others
Once I get the chance to properly clean the car up, I will get some photos up here for you all :)

It's been 15 minutes, where are those pictures?! :sign pics: :boxing:

Looking forward to see the pictures especially of the wheels. Could you maybe provide some more information about the wheels - width, offsets and where you bought them? :hi:

BTW are you on Instagram?

nice mods mate, i got me eye on them wheels for when am due a tyre change, they the black ones with sliver lines in them? think seen them on ebay for bout 450ish, reps of course :)

how come the different spacers for front and back mate? just wondering for when i grab mine like

Pics / vids needed :D especially as never see Vegas Yellow!

What does your dad drive too?

Reactions: MKC
my dad has a 67 plate BMW 335d running a superchips remap at about 370bhp

thats the wheels mate, i got them from motorsound complex in glasgow tyres and fitted for £800. When they fitted them they put the spacers in so im not sure why there is a difference, the stance now though is sooooooo good

my instagram is @downhill_chris if anyone fancies giving me a follow. I was found by the sales manager at Lamborghini Edinburgh who is wanting to take my car for a spin to see what he thinks for modding his new S3FL, reckon i should see if i can get the huracan for a few hours while hes in my car :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

pics are still a work in progress :unamused:

Reactions: oli356 and lucaslfc
This is the kind of thread you make after first taking pictures.

Reactions: JonnyS3, EvOS3 and Timi8888
Here are some pics that I have taken from my phone. I need to get the DSLR out soon to get some better ones :)

Attachments

• IMG_7933.JPG
    IMG_7933.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_7934.JPG
    IMG_7934.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_7993.jpg
    IMG_7993.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_8037.jpg
    IMG_8037.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_8264.jpg
    IMG_8264.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_8263.jpg
    IMG_8263.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 597
Reactions: RossN14, simonali, loftylad and 11 others
Those wheels look epic together with vegas yellow! Btw have you remembered to modify the plastic part in front of your intake to let the air flow directly into the intake?

I had all the bits fitted from my local APR dealer so I would assume they done it. They gave me a very good deal for all the bits and threw in the fitting and removal for free :) so when i come to hand the car back they will re fit the stock parts FOC

oh and thanks, i love the colour but it does seem to be a bit of a hit or a miss with people

I had all the bits fitted from my local APR dealer so I would assume they done it. They gave me a very good deal for all the bits and threw in the fitting and removal for free :) so when i come to hand the car back they will re fit the stock parts FOC

oh and thanks, i love the colour but it does seem to be a bit of a hit or a miss with people

Then I don't think they did it... It's a very easy DIY job, try to take a look here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/modified-oem-intake-8v-s3.266915/

I'm going to go right ahead and say that is the nicest S3 I have ever seen. ****** hell, it's gorgeous. It doesn't even look like an S3, it's like some kind of baby-RS6. Love it!

Here are some pics that I have taken from my phone. I need to get the DSLR out soon to get some better ones :)

Stunning car Chris! :yes:
Can't quite make out the sign, but is that 4th pic Cardrona Hotel near Peebles? Some great roads down that way.

Reactions: Chris Reynolds

Miss. What a horrid color. :pileofpoop:

:smiley: