S3 front fog light bulb replacement (honeycomb grille)

Ike

Original bad-man
Reaction score
how on earth do you remove the s3 honeycomb fog light grilles?

I've seen a pdf guide for s-line type and also some mentions of squeeze and release. with the honeycomb ones I can see what looks like a release (couple of cm wide and couple of mm high, just big enough for a flat-head screwdriver, except when pushed it does not seem to release at all, not even slightly when also trying to pull. usually these things a push release pull, get a couple of mm and maintain pull pressure while popping each of the other release catches, one at a time. I'm worried that the honeycomb will slice my fingertips off before I can get any movement!!

strange that there is no mention I can find here or the wider net for a s3 8p. expect there is something very simple I'm not aware of...?

It's only held in by plastic tab's , if you can get your fingers in where the fog light is and pull , or if you have a plastic pry tool get it in the top or bottom and just pry it out

Reactions: Ike
Yes should just pull of unless some **** has messed up the honeycomb grill mod. Use gloves to save yer fingers.

Reactions: Ike