S3 front grill badge

Tiffany TT

Reaction score
Do I need to remove the front grill on an A3 S line to add an S3 badge?

I know, I know! It's my son... He's already bought the badge as well!

If it's simple enough, I might allow him to do this.

I don't think you'll need to remove the grill it just clips in - I haven't taken mine out but had one on a Golf GTI and it just pushed in

Thanks so much for your non judgemental reply. Unfortunately, it comes with two silver clips that hold it in place but these seem to be placed once the badge is in situ.

Thanks so much for your non judgemental reply. Unfortunately, it comes with two silver clips that hold it in place but these seem to be placed once the badge is in situ.

No problem - I wouldn't judge each to their own - You might just have to release the grill at the top then (not sure how bound to be a you tube video or someone else on here will know) and then lean forward whilst you put the clips in place

Is it a genuine badge because I thought they did just push in

Reactions: Tiffany TT
Yeah, should just push in. If it's got a bracket you'll have to release the bumper to get behind the grill.

There's 4 or 5 screws in each wheel well you have to remove, then 3 on top of the grill. There's one under each headlight too, which you can access from where well. Once you remove those you can pull the top of bumper forwards to give you enough space to reach a hand around there.

Probably not worth it just to change to a badge. Will need the car jacked up to do it, and putting the screws back in are a pita.

Hmmm. You could have a point there. I think it was purchases on eBay.

Attachments

• 86E2BE1B-CE74-4533-B119-2177A9683287.jpeg
    86E2BE1B-CE74-4533-B119-2177A9683287.jpeg
    710.7 KB · Views: 229
Hmm looks like clips without screws. Could probably - very carefully - clip them in from the front

I'll give it a go this afternoon, thanks.

Reactions: Kondax
I know the S3 badge is held in with a retention clip, which means removing the bumper in order to remove it - unsure if the S-Line badge would be the same. You can probably just pull the S-Line badge out and it'll break the clip, and then just push the new S3 badge in place, but you wouldn't be able to swap them back.

I know the S3 badge is held in with a retention clip, which means removing the bumper in order to remove it - unsure if the S-Line badge would be the same. You can probably just pull the S-Line badge out and it'll break the clip, and then just push the new S3 badge in place, but you wouldn't be able to swap them back.
Honestly, super glue would be perfect here. Unless you want to change it back in the future... Just pull it off and super glue the sline badge back on haha

Honestly, super glue would be perfect here. Unless you want to change it back in the future... Just pull it off and super glue the sline badge back on haha
Haha

Might just do that

Reactions: Kondax
Honestly, super glue would be perfect here
Yeah it would

Haha

Might just do that
If you wanted to replace it when it comes to selling, then you would want to remove the bumper so you don't break the clips. So super gluing may also be iffy when it comes to selling - assuming most won't want an S3 badge on an A3

Hmmm. You could have a point there. I think it was purchases on eBay.
You can clip these in from the front, it takes a bit of finger wriggling but it’s doable. Might be handy to have another person hold the badge whilst you push the clips as they are a bit stiff.