S3 full car plastidip

That's the general idea to change the color of a car in a day without a lot of fuss. That was the idea, but in my honest opinion I think that plasti deep is not for a car like an S3, or any other expensive car. R34nel can you put some more detailed pictures of the door knobs, edges of the doors etc? I'm from Croatia, and 2 months ago a guy that has an RS6 decided to plasti dip his car. The end result was a total disappointment, and I'll give you a link to the gallery of photos so that you can see how they wrecked the car.. The best people in Croatia (with years of experience and background)were involved in this, they did the work in perfect condition (chamber), but the end result was horrible, here's the link to the gallery..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.468288349932647.1073741838.117238228370996&type=3

They said the problem was in the stuff, it's just not good enough. It could be good for cheap cars and owners who don't care much. But for more expensive cars like an S3 or RS6 it's literally light years away from a quality paint it should be..and like they say it is.

The truth is that the people that have their cars dipped is those who have nice and expensive cars.

As for a good results depends who is doing it for you and how it is mixed and where they bought plastidippin.

Well the white went on this afternoon, tbh it was more of a pita than I expected, the white really does not want to cover! took me a long time and I wouldn't recommend anyone doing a dark car white, but damn the s3 looks so much better in white! there's 15 Ltrs and 9 coats on there now

Well the white went on this afternoon, tbh it was more of a pita than I expected, the white really does not want to cover! took me a long time and I wouldn't recommend anyone doing a dark car white, but damn the s3 looks so much better in white! there's 15 Ltrs and 9 coats on there now

15l of white or white and grey?

im liking this colour:
09c51cfaac127f187c772b4ba2452f29_zps54b786c5.jpg

or this but its custom
6c24aee348e802f80230ea9491ce5c00_zpsbfa09ce4.jpg

White and grey, I like the blue and that would be my next choice

White and grey, I like the blue and that would be my next choice

Would blue need a base coat? I know plastidip blue is quite light so maybe blue straight onto black would be a nice deeper colour like in the picture?

5l be enough? Then I have no idea whether to add glossifier, metalizer etc

Would blue need a base coat? I know plastidip blue is quite light so maybe blue straight onto black would be a nice deeper colour like in the picture?

Not sure about the blue, you don't have to use a base with white, I would probs lay blue straight on but I can't imagine anything covers like the black and grey

I suggest 10ltrs altogether if you put blue on a darker car you would have a dark blue i like it but my car is already blue so i'll see what it comes up like

Not sure about the blue, you don't have to use a base with white, I would probs lay blue straight on but I can't imagine anything covers like the black and grey

yeah I do really fancy doing it.
I reckon for £200-£250 I could do the whole car yellow or blue, wheels back and rear valance with glossifier.

I deeply regret buying a black car, the 8p is a really nice shape which is hidden in black

you will need a gun and don't forget a decent mask, this stuff smells 100% proof

You want a respirator, just don't use a paper mask

Ill update this thread with pics tomorrow when I've removed the overspray

The truth is that the people that have their cars dipped is those who have nice and expensive cars.

As for a good results depends who is doing it for you and how it is mixed and where they bought plastidippin.

Like I said, the best people in the business were involved, with 20 years of experinece, the paint was plasti dip UK original, they worked in perfect conditions, they painted the car in a chamber not in a driveway or back yard, I don't know what could be better, with hours of preparation, they gave up from the concept of a one day color change, because they wanted everything to be perfect, and the end result was total disappointment. The car looked great when you stood 9 feet away from it, it couldn't be better, like all the pictures of plasti dipped cars here or videos on you tube, all the photos or videos are taken from 6 feet away. Why does not anyone take a closer pictures of some parts; door knobs, door edges or other complicated parts. I don't think that cars like an S3 or RS6 deserve to look like that. The problem is in the paint. You just don't get the end result like it should, like it's supposed to be..

Don't mean to be a nancyboy but surely you have to notify the DVLA and your insurance company about the colour change? I haven't heard anyone say anything.

Looks cool though, I'm tempted as I'm getting serious amounts of scratches and scuffs from being parked on the street, and it seems no one can park or walk past without hitting my car.

Don't mean to be a nancyboy but surely you have to notify the DVLA and your insurance company about the colour change? I haven't heard anyone say anything.

Looks cool though, I'm tempted as I'm getting serious amounts of scratches and scuffs from being parked on the street, and it seems no one can park or walk past without hitting my car.

Pas its not a permanent colour change I'm 99% you don need to inform the DVLA. Insurance you would need to tell however, but I'm with Greenlight ;)

Like I said, the best people in the business were involved, with 20 years of experinece, the paint was plasti dip UK original, they worked in perfect conditions, they painted the car in a chamber not in a driveway or back yard, I don't know what could be better, with hours of preparation, they gave up from the concept of a one day color change, because they wanted everything to be perfect, and the end result was total disappointment. The car looked great when you stood 9 feet away from it, it couldn't be better, like all the pictures of plasti dipped cars here or videos on you tube, all the photos or videos are taken from 6 feet away. Why does not anyone take a closer pictures of some parts; door knobs, door edges or other complicated parts. I don't think that cars like an S3 or RS6 deserve to look like that. The problem is in the paint. You just don't get the end result like it should, like it's supposed to be..

some areas don't look perfect with plastidip but they certainly don't look bad, remember its only a temporary coating, if you want it to look perfect then get a resprayed and pay thousands, my door edges look fine, the only areas which aren't great are cut edges as when it tears to an edge it can look slightly frayed sometimes, if I wanted a factory like finish then I wouldn't be using a rubber dip or doing it myself, the average person wouldn't notice what you speak of anyway, it's only when you want to check out the finish of this car you have been told is plasti dipped

Reactions: NME
Here is the result of the white! it's not finished yet though as I've got to do the strip at the bottom of the bumper and the grill in black aswell as the rear valance and possibly wheels

null_zpscc89d873.jpg

Reactions: nezz and Yolo_8p3
Looks great mate. Deffinately thinking about mine seriously.

Im also thinking about Matt black again, not sure how a colour will come out. Will wait for e chap doing his blue and see how that comes out

Cheers mate.

If I were you I'd go for a colour rather than just matte black, I think blue would be a safe option and look good, I'd avoid the blaze colours if you are going to be keeping the colour change for a while as its widely know that the colours quickly fade

What is the actual close up finish like? Is it like a orange peel or is it really just flat matt?

it depends how thick you spray your coats, it's not glass like as it doesn't have any laquer, but it feels a bit rougher than paint with no laquer, the white sprayed on quite dusty I found and gives a less smooth finish than the gray did.

the black I've sprayed from a can was quite smooth

Here is the result of the white! it's not finished yet though as I've got to do the strip at the bottom of the bumper and the grill in black aswell as the rear valance and possibly wheels

null_zpscc89d873.jpg

any side shots?? looks good

I don't at the moment, it's been raining here all day

That looks awesome, I don't think (at least from the photos) that you need to paint anything else white - I love the contrast of the black, grey and silver on the white...

Now i'm considering it... as my paintwork is ******!

That looks awesome, I don't think (at least from the photos) that you need to paint anything else white - I love the contrast of the black, grey and silver on the white...

Now i'm considering it... as my paintwork is ******!

I'm not going to paint anything else white, but do the parts mentioned black

Looks pretty sweet I must admit. Finish looks good from the front.
I can see where the critics are coming from though.
Would like to see some different angles and close up shots.
I know its not going to be perfect, I'd just like to see some different pics.

Yeah it's not too bad outside but I felt rushed to get it masked and sprayed incase it rained, it stayed sunny throughout in the end