S3 GAP Insurance

I was given Audi Gap for £500 and cancelled it after the sale then bought ALA for a lot less, Audi still sold me a car with major issues, and when I took it back they mentioned that I'd done what I did, they were so miffed in the Sales dept....complete Ar####hol#s at Audi Leeds, they deserve some of their own medicine.

I dont buy extras with cars, unless theres a good deal on a service plan which there never is on used cars. Its easy to get carried away, and get a bond going with the sales, thats where they make a lot of money, half the time you'll never even use the extras as youve already sold the car !

If it doesnt work just phone up ALA...ask to use the phone at Audi !

When was that Mike? I got told they're no longer able to discount it, have to be seen as being fair and sell it to everyone at the same price…

Got mine for £300 in November mate :) From Audi... they do discount it still, it's just sales BS

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
100% take gap it's gap that's helping me fund the new s3
My poor r
IMG_20170204_095217_916.jpg

Reactions: TDI-line
Normally I just trade them in, your way might be best for next time !

It was only 8 months old and 3k miles on clock
Insurance couldn't find same spek and orders were closed due to face-lift r so got market and gap made up rest but tbh insurance wasn't far away from covering it all

How badly will it affect your insurance renewal ? That would be my worry, even though Ive got no claims bonus protected.

Got mine for £300 in November mate :) From Audi... they do discount it still, it's just sales BS

I'll have to give her a call, she usually looks after me so we'll see. Perhaps give ALA a call first and see what they say to give me some leverage.

How badly will it affect your insurance renewal ? That would be my worry, even though Ive got no claims bonus protected.

I've got 9 years ncb protected and had a vehicle theft in 2012 that I need to declair the protected ncb is by luck really didn't think I had it protected and I'm looking at about 550 a year on new s3 I'm 35 now though

Just having another look an ALA, choosing Vehicle Replacement Plus with the full list price of £41,090, 4 year cover and £25,000 level of cover I'm getting £307, was told £450 by Audi so not a huge amount more really!

Just having another look an ALA, choosing Vehicle Replacement Plus with the full list price of £41,090, 4 year cover and £25,000 level of cover I'm getting £307, was told £450 by Audi so not a huge amount more really!

£143 is pretty much an oil and filter service....how long is Audis for £450
Dont be suckered in just because it says Audi on it....its a licence to print

Previously I use to sign up with Audi, this time I used ALA, I paid £200 for 3 years I think for a facelift s3 saloon .

One of the good things is when you change cars, you can either transfer it for free, or top it up...obviously within reason...but at one point I was changing cars a lot.

I did actually find a discount code after I posted which took it down to £276.30

I'm not fussed about shopping around, can't actually remember how long Audi said it was for. May ring them and see what they say.

What I meant by 'not fussed about shopping around' was that I'm not bothered whether the GAP is through Audi, ALA or somebody else, as long it's a good product without paying over the odds. Didn't say anything about having money to burn…

Oh I just burnt a £50 note before I wrote this, after a quick line of the old Colombian Marching powder...I thought that was normal on here...

Seriously though....I think ALA will be just the same as the Audi one in terms of how good it is...read the terms and conditions though.

Hey guys,

Sorry to hijack but i think its relevant to the OP as well...

In a similar position, just trying to find a good reliable GAP provider. Anyone here used their GAP in the last year or two and want to recommend a company? I'm worried about using a smaller company, as knowing my luck they'll have gone bust by the time i need them.

Well I also didn't say that I don't have money to burn, usually use £50 notes as Birthday candles :tearsofjoy:

Since finding the 10% code I actually found a 12% code on Pistonheads which makes it look even more appealing. If Audi weren't so ridiculously priced they'd probably make more money on GAP because people wouldn't need to go elsewhere!

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Hey guys,

Sorry to hijack but i think its relevant to the OP as well...

In a similar position, just trying to find a good reliable GAP provider. Anyone here used their GAP in the last year or two and want to recommend a company? I'm worried about using a smaller company, as knowing my luck they'll have gone bust by the time i need them.

See the white Golf R wrapped around a tree...ask Marky-s3

Well I also didn't say that I don't have money to burn, usually use £50 notes as Birthday candles :tearsofjoy:

Since finding the 10% code I actually found a 12% code on Pistonheads which makes it look even more appealing. If Audi weren't so ridiculously priced they'd probably make more money on GAP because people wouldn't need to go elsewhere!

That made me chuckle.....Yes youre right Audi are hedging their bets that most of their customers arent quite so clued up !

Reactions: Tom.H

PISTON12 code? Doesn't work when I try it!

Worked for me earlier on and just now when I tried.

I've just had a successful claim not a large 1 but keep all ur paperwork when you collect the car they want everything
Check ur policy most don't allow modifications so if uv got mods declared on ur insurance it's gonna void ur gap claim as they check up and ur wasting money buying the policy
I've been offered audi but it's purely a 3 year replacement car but expensive so still undecided

Daft question, to resurrect this, do you use invoice price (i.e after your discount) or the MSRP of the car as it sat when you ordered it?

Daft question, to resurrect this, do you use invoice price (i.e after your discount) or the MSRP of the car as it sat when you ordered it?

You either have vehicle replacement cover of back to invoice cover... not the msrp, whatever you paid

With GAP do you quote the RRP or ROTR price?

thanks

Really? Great avatar but the answer is above!!

Didn't realise there was a 2nd page to this. Its been a long day!

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Tom.H and OST

I went with replacement vehicle cover as I got discount on the car, back to invoice wouldn't cover what the car would cost me to get again.

Good to see many owners looking at GAP insurance, hopefully you won't ever need it but well worth it.
It's already been covered but is still causing confusion, such as back to invoice, original cost etc...the way to look at it is in the event of a 'write-off' your normal car insurance policy will usually only pay-out (market value) the GAP policy will then be used 'top up' the amount you need to replace your pride and joy back to the way you initially specced and ordered your new car.

The present policy I have for my FL s3, my daughter also has the same on her 2016 TT is we were able to set a 'top-up' limit for example £5000 up to £50,000. For my 3yr policy with maximum 'top-up' of £35,000 I paid £185.

So in let's say at 35 months i were to 'write-off' my S3 I would get market value from main insurer and my £35,000 should allow me to replace my high spec S3 with little or no cost to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: David McQueen
I'm currently debating cancelling my GAP insurance that I purchased via Audi when I bought my car, I paid £399 for 3 years but having read through the policy document it makes it sound like the cover is for back to invoice which wouldn't be much good as I got around 14% discount and doubt I'd be able to get the same off again with prices rising every few months at the moment!

Had a quick look at ALA which seems to be quite highly recommended instead and it seems 3 year cover (£25,000 max claim) is only around £250, this policy is also vehicle replacement plus which I believe is better as this would replace my car like for like regardless of any price changes etc?

Only picked the car up on Tuesday so I have about 12 days to cancel my Audi policy for a full refund. Reckon it's worth switching to ALA?

If you go with ALA then the code PISTON12 gets you 12% off.

Reactions: OST
If you go with ALA then the code PISTON12 gets you 12% off.
Thanks think I will be calling to cancel the Audi GAP tomorrow then, cheers for the discount code it brings the price down the £220.88 which is nearly half of what I paid at the dealer!

Reactions: Tom.H