S3 Gone - My New Economical Family Car

Spin140

Reaction score
Many of you will know that I decided to sell the S3 to release some equity and raise additional cash fby selling my stage 2+ Hardware, well the deal has been done and I collected my new family car today, pleased to report I think it's a fine compromise with just enough room for the baby seats if required, it may not be super quick but to my eyes it's a fine looking car with plenty of low down grunt for my next 12 months useage.....

SDC10609.jpg

SDC10608.jpg

SDC10610.jpg

SDC10612.jpg

SDC10613.jpg

Its a TT TDI S-Line Special Edition 168bhp Quattro, Leather/Alcantra with white stitching and perforated centres, Bose, Cruise, Bluetooth and Anthracite delete on the Alloys - I like mine shiny !!

First impressions are pretty good and better than expected, I just have to get used to the narrow power band and changing gear so often, the exhaust note is quite gruff and almost petrol like, the car on the whole has a great feel good factor but I have always been a big fan of the TT so this is no surprise, the interior is a work of art and Audi at it's best. The best and most impressive thing about the car is a projected 70% residual after 3 years, 36,000 miles, factor in a good discount and it should equate to a good financial decision.

Tint on the rear & Revo once the little lad arrives and happy to take bookings for shampoo and set :)

Last edited:
Very nice car! But is that any better for rear baby seats than the S3 would have been??

Nothing wrong with oil burners! Enjoy.

Looks a nice car, and I think the TT looks particularly good in Silver. De-badge it and no one will know it's a diesel!

My S3 was a sportback so perfect for kids even with the gorgeous Buckets, but the TT has far stronger residuals and will be much cheaper to run due to limited mods available, the family car bit was 'Tongue in cheek' - I just couldn't do totally practical so this was my compromise, we have a 4 door saloon for main family duties.

Silver - it's the new white :)

thats about as family car as a enzo lol

otherwise its really nice.

are you going to inters Mart, if so get in REVO'd and get the 20% discount they normally offer

The TT TDI has the latest anti-tamper ECU so unable to map via Serial port at the minute so will have to go and see the Guys at Northampton, cheers for the heads up though Matt.

Martin you are worse than me , how long did you have the last S3 for ?

Nice car Spin, I do like the TT. Be better with a 2.5L lump in it, but good looking car all the same. I'just tried the baby seat in the back of the S3 with buckets, it's a squeeze, but it fits!

Martin you are worse than me , how long did you have the last S3 for ?

6 months, 2 weeks, lost £1,350 in PX plus 6 months worth of PCP @ £107 pcm, not too bad, already missing the rev range but it will all be worth it, the next TT will definetly have a 2.5 in it just need to prove to myself I can live with the dimensions and save some money in the process.

The TT TDi is the best looking slow car I have ever owned :) No regrets though.

Already have a 3 year old dughter and this is definetly 1 boy so it's the snip or me as I don't like people carriers :)

I collected my new family car today

Its a TT TDI S-Line Special Edition 168bhp Quattro, Leather/Alcantra with white stitching and perforated centres, Bose, Cruise, Bluetooth and Anthracite delete on the Alloys - I like mine shiny !!

Eh?! You lucky swine, most people are forced into large estates etc!