S3 hesitation low rpm

timmather

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post, bought a 2009 S3 about 2 months ago, great condition, 60,000 miles, full audi history (not that that means anything) except recent belt which was done at an indie. It has always had a slight but noticeable hesitation when going from no throttle to a light throttle i.e. as you are pulling away / out of junction. I have had modified cars in the past some that I have tuned myself and it feels to me like it isn't fueling correctly for the throttle position or something along those lines.

I have done a few common problem bits, new dv, new plugs, r8 coilpacks, new cam follower (old one was worn but not through) and also thermostat as it was running at low temps and the same thing happened on my old a4 but still there. Only thing I can think is possibly MAF, based on my reading around on here or maybe it has been mapped in the past and is running some iffy map (previous owner said it hadn't been mapped).

Any suggestions welcome.

Quick pic, just because.
14572172_10157482285790117_7150207634400637356_n.jpg

Reactions: Hookmonster
If its a DSG gearbox then 'you get that on them', a common thing. Mine does it.

It is a manual, but guess it is the seem feeling I am trying to explain, also had a misfire the other day when pulling through 3k small throttle application, not sure, wondering if it is coked up?

Yeah it needs a intake decoke, just had my 2010 S3 done at 70000 it did improve the car.
See pictures before and after.

Did you pay someone to do this or just do it yourself? Looks rather involved from what I've seen.

I took it to AP Automotive in the West Midlands for a walnut shell intake decoke, I had the same problems as you, hesitation on light throttle and slight loss of power pulling away.
The car felt more lively and no hesitation after it was done.
I was well pleased with the work done as I'm sure you would if yours was done.

Sorry but what sort of money, feel free to PM rather than post up here.