S3 in snow

honda ctr

Reaction score
ideal weather for this post. How you people getting on?

Temperature is 21 degrees here in La Gomera - enjoying every minute - what weather :D

I have a 2.0 quattro A3 Saloon. We just got through with a blizzard over here.
Over 2 Feet of snow. I was able to get right out of my parking spot. The other
people had to shovel first. It was a blast in the snow! Went riding around and
enjoyed it. No problems.

I have a 2.0 quattro A3 Saloon. We just got through with a blizzard over here.
Over 2 Feet of snow. I was able to get right out of my parking spot. The other
people had to shovel first. It was a blast in the snow! Went riding around and
enjoyed it. No problems.
Winter tyres?

S3 Saloon. Snow? Lol!

They are Continentals. They were on when I ordered my car brand new.
I got it the end of September. All season tires.

I popped up to Lincoln today and saw some snow but only stayed an hour and came back to Sussex.

I've had mine in some pretty deep snow and had no problems at all (apart from the front splitter being low). Running standard tires and perfectly happy with how it performs. Nice and fun if you take the traction control off too.. ;)

They are Continentals. They were on when I ordered my car brand new.
I got it the end of September. All season tires.

Is this a UK car as I didn't know that Audi fitted All Season tyres as standard?

It's got to be better than my current motor, traction control light was on permanently on the way back today even just driving through slush on the main roads.

We have a meter of new snow in the alps. The car is invincible on snow tyres!

Is this a UK car as I didn't know that Audi fitted All Season tyres as standard?
Pete, you can always ask your dealer to deliver a new car with winters as an add on option, as they then qualify for the full 3-year warranty (UK). Just let them know which ones you want on when handed over.

Pete, you can always ask your dealer to deliver a new car with winters as an add on option, as they then qualify for the full 3-year warranty (UK). Just let them know which ones you want on when handed over.

I didn't know you could do that. I bought a set of 17" "official" Audi winter wheels and tyres from my dealer and very pleased with them.

Defo wasn't me. Pulled out of my street and drifted very slowly across into the filter lane at about 2mph :)

First thing the wife said was " i thought it was meant to be 4 wheel drive " (haldex argument started on forum once again)

I reasured her that ice is ice in any car and carried on :)

Reactions: elpaulio
I didn't know you could do that. I bought a set of 17" "official" Audi winter wheels and tyres from my dealer and very pleased with them.
Yes, I added the "official" 17" Helica design wheels and tyres onto the delivery invoice and got a 14% discount as well as the 3-year warranty. I am also very pleased with them with the added bonus that they are designed to be easy to clean :)

Not bad, not as good as my Evo X in snow mode used to be, but almost as exciting :) the conti 5's as fitted are not bad in all honesty - bit slippy, but manageable.

Tend to drive in manual using flappy paddle rather than let S-Tronic decide, as much more controllable.

Brm5qNY.jpg

Reactions: Psyman79, leosayer1 and Ben Daniel Grant
So whats the message?

Put your kid up for adoption and use some of the spare money for a gym membership :)

Reactions: Cymru09 and veeeight
Just drove up the hill to our apartment in the alps - compacted snow on the road- felt like dry Tarmac!

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant