S3 Insurance at 18?!?!?!

Should I take the quote and purchase the car or nah?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert1999S3

Reaction score
I'm 18 and want an S3 and most people here will think im trolling when i say this but i just got a quote of £1,128.54 for an 08 s3..... Only thing is that's for Third Party, Fire & Theft. Unsure if whether or not it would be a good idea to go for one of my dream cars but I'm always running the risk of losing out on the money for the car if I crash it (I'm not a fast driver really especially until I'm used to the car)

I would advise you to buy something with a smaller engine for two years then when you have some life driving experience then go for the dream car .
Yes it would be nice to have an S3 at 18 but are you able to afford to run the car not just fuel but tyres service any repairs etc etc ?
And it being a slightly older car it may need repairs before mot and if you drive it like you stole it then what can you afford if you wreck it .
I had 3 rd party f &t many many years ago and hit another car head on (I was driving stupid that day\\\\\\\\\\\\\0 and its not good when that happens as it cost me a small fortune to repair my car .
You abviously have not long passed the driving test so you need more experience before getting a faster car .Go do an advanced driving course and it will make you a safer driver I guarantee it ...

I was thinking go for a fiesta st or something or a golf gti (mk4) so I have a fast(ish) car before going for something bigger. I can afford servicing costs and if it wasn't a massive crash i could afford to repair myself (upto about £3000) might just get the a3 tdi 170? get it to around 210-230bhp and thats a good mid point?

I'm 18 and want an S3 and most people here will think im trolling when i say this but i just got a quote of £1,128.54 for an 08 s3..... Only thing is that's for Third Party, Fire & Theft. Unsure if whether or not it would be a good idea to go for one of my dream cars but I'm always running the risk of losing out on the money for the car if I crash it (I'm not a fast driver really especially until I'm used to the car)
go do it people around here are paying 5k for corsas and polo

Reactions: Ja55
I was 19 when I got my 2017 S3 and insured that fully comp for £2500. If you can afford it, why not, but sometimes is a case of save now and maybe get a newer/nicer one when a bit older. Up to you at the end of the day.

I think you should wait until you can afford it, especially fully comp insurance.