S3 Insurance choices

StevenC95

Reaction score
Just wondering who everyone is insured with on their S3?

I'm currently with elephant but due for renewal on the 12th of December, paid £900 odd last year and it's went up to £1400 in their renewal

I'm 21, 2 years no claims, been driving 4 years this February and do 8k miles per annum.

Just really wanting to look about for the best deal and I'm open to suggestions on companies to check, cheers

Should probably say my cars a 65 plate 3dr hatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I am 21, 2 years no claims, had an accident 2 years ago (approx 7k claim), 10k miles and I pay £1000 for mine. 66 plate S3, had my licence for 4 years. Been driving the day I passed. 22 in January

Reactions: AudiNutta
£125 a month I've been quoted for my new S3 (£25 increase from my current A5). 4 years NCD, 28 years old and 6k miles p.a. Oh the joys of living in Manchester :(

I'm with 1st Central.

Last edited:
Just wondering who everyone is insured with on their S3?

I'm currently with elephant but due for renewal on the 12th of December, paid £900 odd last year and it's went up to £1400 in their renewal

I'm 21, 2 years no claims, been driving 4 years this February and do 8k miles per annum.

Just really wanting to look about for the best deal and I'm open to suggestions on companies to check, cheers

Should probably say my cars a 65 plate 3dr hatch

I'm with Elephant, £1700, 19, 2.5 years driving and 2 years NCB.

Try their sister companies, Admiral & Diamond.

£270'ish per year with AXA, 10% off for having a dash cam.

But I am in my 40's :)

How I'm jealous of that. My monthly payment wasn't far off that amount, but my parents have joined a multi car policy with me and have saved me around £900.

See I'm just 28 but had quotes of £300 for an S3. Fortunately for us I think postcode may play a big role (also a clean history...).

I think if I lived in Birmingham I would see much much higher premiums...

But yea you guys are also really young...I thought I was a jammy sod driving the car I do at my age, but you guys just take the biscuit!!

Reactions: ammo-mcr, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
See I'm just 28 but had quotes of £300 for an S3. Fortunately for us I think postcode may play a big role (also a clean history...).

I think if I lived in Birmingham I would see much much higher premiums...

But yea you guys are also really young...I thought I was a jammy sod driving the car I do at my age, but you guys just take the biscuit!!

That's very good, my Mum pays that on her A4 S Line, Dad is around £450 on his A6 Allroad. So wherever your area is, it's playing a bit part and we don't live in a bad area at all.

Yeah I definitely get some looks driving into college in the S3, I had enough in the A3 haha. I also see the negative side of it. I got out of the car at AITP, someone walked past and said "he looks like a baby, spoilt t**t".. which really annoyed me. No need for comments like that, I pay for everything involved with my cars and always have.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, StevenC95 and Sandra
That's very good, my Mum pays that on her A4 S Line, Dad is around £450 on his A6 Allroad. So wherever your area is, it's playing a bit part and we don't live in a bad area at all.

Yeah I definitely get some looks driving into college in the S3, I had enough in the A3 haha. I also see the negative side of it. I got out of the car at AITP, someone walked past and said "he looks like a baby, spoilt t**t".. which really annoyed me. No need for comments like that, I pay for everything involved with my cars and always have.

Jealousy is a ugly trait mate ;)

Let them say what they want. You don't have to prove anything to anyone :)

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn
2017 S3 Sportback, 8,000 miles per annum, 19 years old,2 years driving, 1 year NCB(First year named), Manchester based, £2000 with Admiral..Don't think that's too bad all things considered :D

Reactions: AudiNutta and CookD

Matthew you have worked hard to get the car you want. It don't matter what anyone else says or thinks. You have been a member on here before you were aged to drive. You have always wanted to own an Audi and you have achieved that. You just enjoy. :) xx

Reactions: Demari46, batch, AudiNutta and 3 others
@StevenC95 Get a quote from our site sponsors tell them you a member on here.

@ChrisKnottIns

I actually tried for a quote from them before I made this thread, got this as a reply.
bdf7ed3b818dc5205517cfd7a4ddf80f.png
so that's that out the window, I'll try some of the companies mentioned in here with hopefully a better result

Got my insurance set up this evening for my new purchase- 2015 S3 3 door. I'm 34 with 9 years NCB. Cover about 6k a year and got it for £280 with my NCB protected.

Think for what the S3 is, especially in my age bracket (18-21/21-25) your going to expect a high premium of anywhere between 1k to 2k. I've always payed this, though I remember my little vauxhal corsa 1.7 diesel with a whopping 60 bhp!!!. Cost 4k on the first year lol.

The Audi 5 day free insurance is due to expire so I got quotes on compare the market. Quotes from the insurers id heard of were in the high £200's / low £300's.
Decided to give Direct Line (who the S5 was insured through) a last chance. Quoted me on the phone £675 and then I told them I'd got a quote on their website for £226. Cut a long story short, I paid the cancellation fee for the S5 policy of £47 and immediately took out the online policy and saved a fortune. Unbelievable though :wtf:

I'm no longer 21 sadly but likewise I'm not ancient either. Have 6 points and wife has 3.

2017 S3 Sportback, 8,000 miles per annum, 19 years old,2 years driving, 1 year NCB(First year named), Manchester based, £2000 with Admiral..Don't think that's too bad all things considered :D

Wow that is very good, considering I had an extra years no claims and mine originally was £600 more than yours!!

Good going!

Matthew you have worked hard to get the car you want. It don't matter what anyone else says or thinks. You have been a member on here before you were aged to drive. You have always wanted to own an Audi and you have achieved that. You just enjoy. :) xx

Thanks Sandra, I have been a member here for as long as I can remember. I was either 9 or 10 I believe when I joined up.
It has been a long time goal, it isn't nice to see people can be that bitter that is all.
Thanks again, it goes a long way!

Reactions: Sandra and Audi Bairn
Think for what the S3 is, especially in my age bracket (18-21/21-25) your going to expect a high premium of anywhere between 1k to 2k. I've always payed this, though I remember my little vauxhal corsa 1.7 diesel with a whopping 60 bhp!!!. Cost 4k on the first year lol.

You've left me standing on your highest price haha. Mine weren't too bad considering the cars.

17, no driving experience, MK5 1.6 Zetec S Fiesta.. £2800! Had that for all of 2 months ;)

17, 2 months on the road, MK7.5 1.0 EcoBoost Fiesta Zetec S (125hp).. £2300! 10 months of ownership.

18, 12 months on the road, A3 Sportback S Line 8V 1.4TFSi (122ps).. £1100. 15 months of ownership (longest by far ;) ) That £1100 dropped to £650 after the first 12 months.

Now I'm on my S3, 19, 2 years NCB and £1700 on a Multi Car policy for discount, £2600 without. It's well worth it, it's a little painful seeing it leave my bank but a 19 year old in this car is high risk like you said.. the price we pay for these cars! I wouldn't have it any other way though :)

The Audi 5 day free insurance is due to expire so I got quotes on compare the market. Quotes from the insurers id heard of were in the high £200's / low £300's.
Decided to give Direct Line (who the S5 was insured through) a last chance. Quoted me on the phone £675 and then I told them I'd got a quote on their website for £226. Cut a long story short, I paid the cancellation fee for the S5 policy of £47 and immediately took out the online policy and saved a fortune. Unbelievable though :wtf:

I'm no longer 21 sadly but likewise I'm not ancient either. Have 6 points and wife has 3.

That's a very good price and with 6 points!

Very cheeky them not willing to match the price of what you could see online, I'd have argued that most definitely.

I'd have argued that most definitely.

Oh I did mate. Had them on the phone for ages. To be fair to the girl on the phone she went to her manger to ask i for they'd wave the £47 cancellation fee as I was effectively staying with them. Their answer was no as "if they did, everyone would just do that". That ****** me off tbh, as they're then admitting they're fleecing folk who don't bother doing what I did. But they're all at it.

Oh I did mate. Had them on the phone for ages. To be fair to the girl on the phone she went to her manger to ask i for they'd wave the £47 cancellation fee as I was effectively staying with them. Their answer was no as "if they did, everyone would just do that". That ****** me off tbh, as they're then admitting they're fleecing folk who don't bother doing what I did. But they're all at it.

That's a nightmare, sounds like they just didn't want to help you today.. but, you still got a very nice saving so all is good!

When I cancelled with Aviva to change to Admiral for the S3, the first woman I spoke to made it seem like she were doing me a favour by not making me pay any additional usage payment but wanted a £35 admin fee. I phoned up the next day to cancel, the next lady was extremely helpful and apologetic that they could not insure me due to their age criteria, saw her manager and got the fee waved. Just shows that it all depends on who you speak to sometimes, which is wrong.. everyone should want to help the customer equally.

I actually tried for a quote from them before I made this thread, got this as a reply.
bdf7ed3b818dc5205517cfd7a4ddf80f.png
so that's that out the window, I'll try some of the companies mentioned in here with hopefully a better result

I'm 66 and tried Chris Knott today and they were 70% higher than my current insurer LV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
I'm 66 and tried Chris Knott today and they were 70% higher than my current insurer LV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LV said they won't insure me on the S3, I'm too young at 21

Wow that is very good, considering I had an extra years no claims and mine originally was £600 more than yours!!

Good going!
Thanks! I was really happy with it especially when i have friends my age paying that on a 1.2 clio! Are you also North West based?