S3 Klec's New Arrival! + lots of pics [56k beware]

S3 Klec

Reaction score
Having had the car for just over 3 weeks now, I thought it was time for me to post a few pics of my S3 BE! Absolutely loving the car and I've already clock up over 1100 miles in it! The first eye opener for me was the power - it has bucket loads compared to my old 90bhp Corsa... and it is so manageable because of the Quattro system. Thats enough from me, I'll let the pics do the talking! :thumbsup:

Spec - S3 BE in Ibis White with the Black/Silver two-tone leather, Comfort Park and Light Pack

At the dealers all nice and clean!

6175922231_192e39da5b_b.jpg

Bumped into my old car... As my mum bought it off me!

6175922929_af083a5bde_b.jpg

Visited my Uncle in York and borrowed one of his camera lenses...

6176452538_ef231bdf5b_b.jpg

6175923275_c03e6b6dd0_b.jpg

6175923663_2e12f0ce0b_b.jpg

6175923847_625d087c3c_b.jpg

Four rings...

6175924351_8dd3229feb_b.jpg

6175924627_76e4885514_b.jpg

My Dad treated himself to a new car too!

6176454248_1317000ae9_b.jpg

I've stuck a few more pics are on Flickr

Reactions: Harrelson
That looks very nice,personally I'd remove all the numbers in the pics as you never know who's looking.

Lovely driveway :wub:
Nate ! "lovely driveway" lol I thought you were the wheels daddy not the driveway daddy

May I ask your age? Just curious car looks awesome!!! So jealous of 3 dr

I'm interested to hear people's view on the interior as Ive just bought that colour scheme to retrofit into my dolphin grey sport.

Last edited:
Congratz on the new car. Looks lovely and has nice spec.
Hope your enjoying it:thumbsup:
You have any plans for the car?

1st 61 plate I've ever seen .........:w00t:

I'm interested to hear people's view on the inferior as Ive just bought that colour scheme to retrofit into my dolphin grey sport.

The interior works well, i use Autoglym leather cleaner/shampoo which has a sort of oily texture and keeps rthe leather supple..you will need a bottle of this stuff with silver seats believe me. Even the print on supermarket shopping bags rubs off on it so it needs cleaning a minimum of once a week :)

Audi3.jpg

Nice! But I am a little confused now, why do my 61 plate S3 door interiors look different to yours? Mine have the Piano Black inlays in a different place to that completely. Have they changed that on them?
They are superb cars though. Now mine is just about run in I am using the paddles more and more and it pulls from low revs so much better than the Subaru did. Also pulls well from lower revs in a highger gear too. I just can't get up the revs properly as I get this "pain in my neck" occurring! Lol.

May I ask your age? Just curious car looks awesome!!! So jealous of 3 dr

He is 22

Nice car mate. Enjoy it! A mortgage would have been a better buy but as long as your happy ;)

Reactions: 1inchpunch
I paid off my mortgage 4 years ago..why on earth would i want another :)

I paid off my mortgage 4 years ago..why on earth would i want another :)

Yes, but being 22 and living at home and then buying an expensive car is not the best idea.

Picking up a girl because of your nice car = win
Taking her back to your parents house = fail

Yes, but being 22 and living at home and then buying an expensive car is not the best idea.

Picking up a girl because of your nice car = win
Taking her back to your parents house = fail

Your idea of the "best" idea and his idea, may be 2 different things, nobody is wrong or right. Your Money/Your Life/Your choice

With the worlds economies collapsing and banks almost bankrupt...staying at home and buying a nice car could be the best move :) Let the folks worry about the recession for the next couple of years then look again at going it alone .

Your idea of the "best" idea and his idea, may be 2 different things, nobody is wrong or right. Your Money/Your Life/Your choice

Its my opinion, i didnt say i was right. I just dont believe in buying a car and living at home. You need a home to start a family and a life. Bought my place at 23 and now own an S3 and hoping to start a family soon while building my career.

Its my opinion, i didnt say i was right. I just dont believe in buying a car and living at home. You need a home to start a family and a life. Bought my place at 23 and now own an S3 and hoping to start a family soon while building my career.

Congratulations.

I suppose it also depends where you live. starter homes round here are 250k just supposing you had a 50k deposit then at 4% it will cost £1k a month ! Seems a lot of money to start a family. Personally i would want a lot more than that to start a family :) Cant think of anything worse :)

Yeah but, why are his 61 Reg door interior different to my 61 Reg door interior? The piano black inlays are different in mine, so have I been cleverly given an earlier model on a later plate? Lol. I am confused. ****** paranoid sob I am. :)

I suppose it also depends where you live. starter homes round here are 250k just supposing you had a 50k deposit then at 4% it will cost £1k a month ! Seems a lot of money to start a family. Personally i would want a lot more than that to start a family :) Cant think of anything worse :)

Im in London, £250k is a 2 bed apartment.

I just disagree buying an expensive depreciating asset over a house is a good idea, seems i am in the minority. Fair enough.

Yeah but, why are his 61 Reg door interior different to my 61 Reg door interior? The piano black inlays are different in mine, so have I been cleverly given an earlier model on a later plate? Lol. I am confused. ****** paranoid sob I am. :)

Its all the same as my 11 plate ? thats a reflection on the inlay up by the door handle if thats what you mean. ( PS...its all the same as my 04 plate as well)

Last edited:
Im in London, £250k is a 2 bed apartment.

I just disagree buying an expensive depreciating asset over a house is a good idea, seems i am in the minority. Fair enough.

I see exactly where your coming from and would agree if your circumstances are right. Its just that 30k doesn't really dent 250k these days and like it or not more and more people will never own or expect to own a property these days. I could buy a much better property than the (two) i have but i simply dont want to be part of the work 24 hours a day bunch just panda to this property is everything ethos. The UK is short of 1m homes now and immigration is rising again as is the birth rate. We will switch to the German way of renting for a life time soon as we have no choice as the number of people who cant afford to get on the ladder increases. Owning your castle is a very British thing and by no means the norm in Europe. Taking on life time mortgages when jobs can come and go in weeks is again not everyones cup of tea. You have to be very sure of your financial stability as well. Interest rates will rise. They cant remain artificially pegged like this for ever and 5% is about the historic the norm so that needs to be factored in to you maths as well. You would be amazed at the number of people who lose their jobs and are in deep trouble within a couple of months.

Last edited:
I agree situation is an issue, but out of london you can pick up places pretty cheap. Im looking at selling and getting a place elsewhere for half the price of mine while renting in london and renting the other place out. You can buy houses or apartments for £100k in most of the country, an S3 is a 30% deposit.

I plan to use bricks and mortar as my pension so wanted an early start.

People can do what they want. I just still think living at home and buying an expensive car is odd, doesnt mean i am right or wrong.

Just sayin ;)

Re-Adding the Pics without my number plate this time... :thumbsup:

Nice and clean at the dealers...

6181037566_d554a24153_b.jpg

Bumped into my old car... As my mum bought it off me!

6181038288_51b53957da_b.jpg

Visited my Uncle in York and borrowed one of his camera lenses...

6181038774_503f09c047_b.jpg

6180513613_3ec4aaf85a_b.jpg

6180514013_1bf8e6a1e0_b.jpg

6181036552_8bb5fed342_b.jpg

Four rings...

6181037162_929fbffa25_b.jpg

6181039130_a2f21b837c_b.jpg

My Dad treated himself to a new car too!

6181037360_3ece3f67c4_b.jpg

I've stuck a few more pics are on Flickr

If a Mod is able to stick these pics in my original post - I'd appreciate it! As I can't :icon_thumright: Thanks

Last edited: