S3 KWE - my build thread (it will be slow progress...)

I collected my car from Audi yesterday after having it for 2 weeks . They've replaced the cam chain and associated parts but there is still a buzzing/ticking/rattle at 1900-2100 rpm. They are awaiting next steps from Audi Head Office on what to look at next - I need to drop the car back in on Monday morning. I sometimes feel that the main dealers follow a flow chart process to fix a vehicle with very few of the mechanics having had 'real world' mechanical experience, just my opinion.

Any rate, on another note I have given Dave @BCS Nige £100.... stay tuned...

main dealers follow a flow chart process to fix a vehicle with very few of the mechanics having had 'real world' mechanical experience, just my opinion.

I can confirm that 100% that is exactly what they do. The "master tech" moniker just means they're better at following the flow chart lol.

Quick story, friend's S3 (2014 8V) gearbox goes pop and warranty won't cover it because the car was previously mapped. Prior to this, the car had been to the same dealer (Huddersfield Audi) for loads of other warranty work and never had an issue.

Explanation from the head of customer relations was that the gearbox 'flow chart' was the first one that asked them to query whether the car was previously mapped or not, hence why the previous warranty work had been approved.

Reactions: samuelh_888
I thought I'd provide an update - quite a bit has happened with the car recently. At the end of May I had the timing chain & tensioner replaced as preventative maintenance. In July the car developed a buzzing noise and as mentioned in an earlier post I took the car to Audi (under Warranty) to be checked out. They diagnosed a collapsed tensioner so after replacing this and a new cam chain the buzzing still persisted. After further investigation they determined that the balance shaft had excessive play so needed to be replaced. It was a mission getting Warranty to approve this as they were a little upset at paying for the chain & tensioner to find that didn't solve to problem; they reluctantly accepted the claim and the repairs were made.

I collected the car last Thursday - 5 weeks and 2 days after dropping the car into Audi. To be fair to Audi they did release it to me for a weekend so I'll give them 3 days! The car feels like it's running well - definitely quieter than it was, the buzzing/rattle has gone, so has a tick, like a very loud tappet, and 5l of Millers Nanotech is gone too..

While I had the car for the 3 days I took to opportunity to have my Vagbremtech J-Jooks fitted. I can immediately feel the difference over the old, worn discs but I do need to have the fluid replace and the Hel Braided lines fitted. I'm happy with the discs however.

IMG 1380

I then booked my visit to see Dave @BCS Nige about getting my TBE BCS fitted. He and Nige are remarkable, so accommodating and when I had to change the dates (as I didn't get car back when I was expecting) they were able to reschedule accordingly. We managed to get the BCS scheduled for the Thursday as Dave had a wedding to attend on the Friday - or so we thought...

As I was going to be making the trip up from London I wanted to align the BCS fitting with a visit to @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. for my Stage2 remap. As with BCS, when I didn't get the car back when expected Rick (& Chloe) were able to juggle the booking to fit with the BCS.

On Wednesday morning, the day before the trip to St Helens I received a call from Dave saying he'd made an error with his dates - the wedding was indeed Thursday, not Friday... He didn't want to let me down and knew of the Unicorn booking so after a couple of phone calls, a hotel booking and an after work drive to St Helens I arrived at BCS at 8.15pm and the fitting commenced. Credit to Dave - he could have just as easily rescheduled but he didn't and the result - it's a work of art.

IMG 1499

I went for a titanium wrapped downpipe and the standard looking tips. The quality of the craftsmanship is breathtaking - the pride and passion they have for their product is evident from the quality of the steel, to the wields, to the length of the flex-joint. But that sound - oh mate.

So, I'm currently sitting in the Travelodge waiting to travel across to @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. I'll hopefully get a switchable map with a Standard, Stg2 and a couple of other options but I'm sure we'll discuss more when I get there and I can update you all later!

Last edited:
Reactions: rocco s3, kash_v, leshkin and 1 other person
Sounds awesome mate, BCS exhausts and the outstanding customer service that goes with it are second to none, I can't wait for the day I have the pleasure of visiting them.

The J-hook discs are looking nice too, I see you're getting braided lines as well, do you need uprated pads or do standard suffice with this setup?

Glad that Audi eventually managed to identify the issue and especially that you got it covered under warranty as well, it's a relief when a worrying noise is finally gone!

Good choice with Rick, let us know how you get on.

Thanks @HHS3 - I've actually put OEM Brembo pads in at the mo. As we're looking to move back to New Zealand (with the car) I'll put my Mintex in once it's passed the NZ VIN process. My brother is looking into the Mintex for me but at the moment they won't be accepted...

Dave @ BCS was taking about their ethos to r&d. Honestly, it's great to see such passion and the commitment they put into their business. BCS - why wouldn't you go for this! By the way, Dave finished fitting the exhaust, polishing it (before I was allowed to take any photos) and wrapping up my old exhaust at 12.15am this morning. He makes a mean cuppa too!

Re the map @ Ricks - well it's on the rollers and it's had its first 3 runs. It made 297hp off the bat! Not bad for intake and tbe. The code writing is under way...

Reactions: HHS3
The map is sorted - Rick and his team did a great job yesterday. They must have completed about 10 passes on the Dyno in total, I don't know the total count as to be honest I walked to the other end of the road so I didn't need to hear my poor car screaming. Walking back into the office and nervously asking 'is everything all right, is the car ok' with Rick smiling saying it's all good.

Rick coded a couple of options for me, 3 in total all selectable via the Cruise Control switch.
  • Valet Mode - keeps car <3k RPM and no boost
  • Standard - standard but as it's a map it's a little bit more than standard
  • Stage 2 - with flat shift and launch control.
I think the 'standard map' has flat shift and launch control too but I'll need to confirm with Rick.

I guess you're more interested in seeing the outcome so here goes:

Dyno

337hp, 341ft-ib - I'm over the moon with this. I was expecting 325-330, hoping for 335 so 337 is awesome.

I'll purchase the flashing tool in a couple of months. This will allow me to get updates and new maps (on providing some VCDS logs) but flash the car myself via an android device.

The drive home was relatively slow with M6 & M1 traffic and the fact I was half asleep from a long day on Wednesday. I ended up pulling over in M1 services for a 30 min sleep. Here I set the map to Stage 2 (for the rest of the drive home). The change was immediately noticeable - it almost felt as if the car was smoother. The increased decibels from the BCS and the added vibrations from the Powerflex mount are the main indicators that something has changed. Torque was on tap, it was just very comfortable.

From Unicorn back to London the car averaged 36.4 MPG with the Stg2 map on for half the journey.
The trip from London to BCS averaged 35.6 MPG

So I'm really happy with where the car's at. Clutch and coilers are now at the top of the To-Do list but I'm in no rush for this at the moment

Reactions: HHS3 and leshkin
Awesome results bud! This is almost like the trip I took in 2014 when I got the BCS system installed and paid a visit to Rick straight after, followed by a drive back to London :)

Reactions: HHS3 and samuelh_888
Awesome results bud! This is almost like the trip I took in 2014 when I got the BCS system installed and paid a visit to Rick straight after, followed by a drive back to London :)

haha, when I was driving up I was thinking 'leshkin when through something similar'.

Reactions: leshkin
Awesome results mate bet you're happy, especially as you know that Rick's Dyno is correctly calibrated, but more importantly it drives great and power delivery is spot on! It must be nice knowing that not only is your S3 fixed, but it also has a new beast mode as well :)

My AP Coilovers should be going on within a couple of weeks once I've received the new Top Mounts & Bearings from Audi, so I'll let you know how these are. I'll be dropping the height 30mm at the front and 10mm at the back so it sits level with not much thigh gap, but not too low it affects normal driving.

My stock clutch still seems to be ok but I'll let you know how the Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF are once they're fitted, depends how long my stock clutch lasts &/or if I try go stage 2+ next year in order for my brothers stage do road trip to the Nurburgring via Spa GP ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: leshkin and samuelh_888
Awesome results mate bet you're happy, especially as you know that Rick's Dyno is correctly calibrated, but more importantly it drives great and power delivery is spot on! It must be nice knowing that not only is your S3 fixed, but it also has a new beast mode as well :)

My AP Coilovers should be going on within a couple of weeks once I've received the new Top Mounts & Bearings from Audi, so I'll let you know how these are. I'll be dropping the height 30mm at the front and 10mm at the back so it sits level with not much thigh gap, but not too low it affects normal driving.

My stock clutch still seems to be ok but I'll let you know how the Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF are once they're fitted, depends how long my stock clutch lasts &/or if I try go stage 2+ next year in order for my brothers stage do road trip to the Nurburgring via Spa GP ;)

Cheers Harry - really happy with it considering 1 week ago I was waiting to see if Warranty would cover the repair. It would be good to hear as it will be the AP's I go for.

If you ever find the Spec 2+ & SMF taking up too much space...

Cheers Harry - really happy with it considering 1 week ago I was waiting to see if Warranty would cover the repair. It would be good to hear as it will be the AP's I go for.

If you ever find the Spec 2+ & SMF taking up too much space...

Haha it's still unopened in it's original packaging wrapped in additional clingfilm inside a black bin bag in the loft, it's been there for a year now! Needlees to say that it was the most stupid impulsive buy of my life, think I managed to lie to myself at the time into thinking that I must get it as the price will go up and my stock clutch will go soon, especially as it's stage 2. I did contemplate selling it at one point but I've recently got a promotion with a decent pay rise which helps out massively so I'll be hanging onto it for a little while yet I'm afraid!

I'd be surprised if it didn't go up in price now that pound is weaker against pretty much every currency out there.

A small update from me; I need to take the car to the painters to have the rear bumper looked at. Unfortunately a school mum dragged her car down the side so I'm missing some paint... it's not terrible but I can't leave it as it is.

Aside from that, my puddle and lights arrived today. They look very OEM with the Audi logo included. I've also purchased a pair of S3 puddle lights but not sure if I'll fit these.

IMG 1606

I've updated the coding already - adding +64 to 42, 52 and 62, 72 for the rear doors - my first attempt at VCDS coding so fingers crossed. I'll try to get them fitted over the weekend if it stays dry.

Reactions: HHS3
Cr@p luck with the idiot Mum mate, I fail to understand how people manage to drive into stationary cars..

Puddle lights sounds cool, this is something I want to retrofit onto mine but I'm too lazy haha.

Happy VCDS coding!

Puddle & warning lights all fitted. It took about 45 min all up so not bad at all. Didn’t fit the S3 logo lights, I think the hole I Dremeled might be too big so may need to glue them in :flushed:

9B436141 F6D1 47F1 9B85 88D566654D83

EDF0F1B4 7834 4A80 A9AB C1B2D7ED06DD

274B8CDB 766A 4B98 ABFA D3F910CAED61

Reactions: HHS3 and T-800
Not a great deal to report - the car passed its MOT on Friday, the first with the BCS. I was a little nervous just in case but it’s all good. I had an oil change and filter too, replacing the Audi oil with Millers Nano.

I have noticed the buzzing/rattling noise again - mainly when the revs are held at about 2200 or between gears when the revs pass fall pass 2200 to below 1900. I’ve booked it in for yet another warranty check but I’m hoping it’s not the chain or tensioner again, or even the balance shaft that was only replaced 500 miles ago. Maybe it’s in my head and hope it’s only coincidental that both times I’ve ran Millers the noise has appeared...

I replaced the petrol cap and the N80 valve to remove the EVAP (P0441) error I was getting.

- Petrol Cap part # 8P0 201 550 C £23.48
- N80 Valve part # 06E 90651 7A £30.10

Reactions: S.
The rattle/buzzing at 2k RPM has returned - this is after Audi did the cam chain, tensioner and balance shaft at the end of July. I can't believe it would be the tensioner or balance shaft again after 600 miles; I suspect it's a heat shield but I can't diagnose it myself.

When I'm driving the vehicle and the revs are sitting on 2k RPM there is a buzzing/rattle, it's not loud but annoying enough. Also between gear changed when the revs fall pass 2k it also rattles.

I took the car back in to West London Audi for diagnostics but also booked for a brake fluid change a maintenance measure too. One week later, with no calls from Audi but plenty of chasing they I collected the car from Audi with no works having been completed. Because I have the Revo CAI and the BCS they won't work on a modified car; they have subsequently cancelled my warranty (whether this is within their franchise group or Audi UK I don't know). All of the previous work was carried out with these mods under warranty but they have accepted that it shouldn't have been and that they'll be reviewing their processes with the Master Technician who did the original work. Master Technician...

When Audi connect to diagnostics I'm not sure if the car received software updates or something but they did wipe half my TPMS and Hill Start Assist settings. I had a TPMS error on the DIS and 03109 - Tire Pressure Monitoring Control Module 2 (J793) when I scanned with VCDS. This was causing my indicators so sound like a high pitched squeal and reverse sensor beeping to be incredibly high pitched. Last Saturday the car wouldn't even rev over 3k rpm. Thanks to a forum post I was able to update the TPMS settings and everything functioned correctly.

So, with that sorted I set about installing my Q3 Climate Control unit. The Q3 Climate Control 8P Retrofit is an excellent resource, all steps were detailed here. I don't normally have the patience for DIY and tend to rush but for this I took my time.

I measured the the 2 units (old & new) against each other then tapped up the Q3 unit, leaving approx 3 mm either side. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of before I started sanding the edges (I used a small detailing sander).

IMG 1801

The following photo is when I'd finished sanding.

IMG 1803

Before fitting the new CC to the car, you need to swap the back off the A3/S3 unit and put this onto the Q3 unit. There is about 10 screws however you only need to un-do 4 to remove the back. This photo is my S3 back on the Q3 unit, I've tried to highlight the 4 screws.

IMG 1802

Once fitted the Q3 CC looks amazing. The white of the unit matches the white of the dash, this small update feels like a facelift in itself! The S3 heated seats had 6 settings but the Q3 CC only has 3, so following the guide I reduced the temp for setting 3.

The finished product:

IMG 1804

Job done!

I now need to get the rattle & calipers sorted then I'll leave the car alone for a while.

Reactions: leshkin and HHS3
Good job on the Q3 climate control mate, it looks great!

Sorry to hear that the rattle/buzzing has returned though and the fact that Audi are being w@nkers as usual! Where are you thinking of taking it to have the noise investigated?

Reactions: S. and samuelh_888
Hey Harry,

Audi eh, in my opinion they should never be used unless you’re purchasing a new car or have a new car warranty. For a Master Tech to get it so wrong shows just how inept they are...

The rattle. I don’t know eh, part of me is thinking just drive, enjoy and ignore while the other part wants piece of mind. I’m thinking of giving VRT a try but they aren’t that local. Alternatively I could go back to RD in Shepperton.

Reactions: leshkin and S.
Oh, the life of a car fanatic :) I'm extremely sensitive to any new/unusual noises from the car and pester VRT guys for every minor thing. These types of issues are always a bit hit and miss to diagnose, which even an experienced mechanic may not pick up.
Worth giving VRT a go though - John and his crew will look after your pride and joy well.

The climate control unit looks like a very subtle and classy mod that really does add something to the dash! Very well done!

No worries mate, hope you enjoy them. I found they gave a better ride than standard and reduced a bit of understeer.

I recognise that kit!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

A small interior cosmetic update - I retro fitted the front roof light with map lights and the red LED's that shine down over the gear stick. It's a nice change (nearly up there with the Q3CC mod) and only took 15 min to fit. This has also made use of the final 2 LEDs from the set I bought from @t8ups.

The interior map/reading light part number is: 8E0947135D6PS - this is shared with the A4/S4. I'll look to do the rear with the individual map lights (8E0947111A) at a later stage.

IMG 7090

Reactions: HHS3 and ch1z64
They won't work on a modded car but not only will they fit this guys Akrapovich exhaust to his RS6 they honor the full warranty too?

@thesmileyone - not sure if this was for my thread but interesting watching.

I’m actually really surprised that West London Audi were able to fit the exhaust for him. They couldn’t even undo the nipples on my rear calipers to bleed the brakes.

They won't work on a modded car but not only will they fit this guys Akrapovich exhaust to his RS6 they honor the full warranty too?

Sorry, I misread your post initially. Yeah sounds like it was designed in conjunction with Audi-Sport.

Rear map light fitted today (bottom image - part 8E0947111A). The newer 8P light definitely looks more modern but the older version matches the front. I also like how each dome light can be controlled independently (although I never sit in the back of my own car!)

The newer light (top) takes a festoon bulb so I need to order a couple of t4w bayonet type bulbs from T8ups.

CB39D4A1 0333 4A2C 9425 924BC0BFDD8B

Reactions: HHS3 and ch1z64
Liking all of these little bits you've been changing, they're nice touches.

Liking all of these little bits you've been changing, they're nice touches.

Thanks Harry - there isn't much to do inside the car but it's where I spend most of my time! When I fitted the rear map light the other weekend, I didn't have any LED bulbs so left the original halogen bulbs - my god they are terrible! Any rate, a couple of bulbs are on order from Trups so the ghastly yellow bulbs should be gone by the weekend.

I fitted my footwell lights today. I made the mistake of purchasing a set of lights and looms from eBay but the power pin would’t fit my MY(61) control model. I couldn’t find/identify the correct Repair Wire that would be the right pin so I did what I should have done in the first place and purchased a full set of looms from @RobinA3.

They arrived today and look quality.

4053EA72 73B8 42F5 95A4 9CBC54020DFD

I like the eBay looms where the rear needs to soldered to the front, Robin builds these looms with connectors so the rear simply plug into the front loom.

Fitting the eBay looms took about 60 min but when I replaced with the new looms they were all in in about 30min.

Feeding the lights to the rear, I didn’t remove the seats, just the kick panels and the sill trim. I was able to feed the wire down and hook it, pulling it up and out where the seat electrics exit the carpet.

These cable access rods from amazon are great!

Feeding the cable between the front footwells, I removed the drivers side knee panel following the instructions on @RobinA3’s Footwell Retrofit post. There is 3 screws holding the panel on, one of which is behind the fuse cover. There is 3 clips, 2 on the right and one to the left of the steering wheel - the panel will pull out of these so it’s important not to let the panel drop (at the back by the pedals) but keep it hight and slide it back allowing the clips to come free. The pic below attempts to show where the clips are.

61EC9675 54F5 4E3A 96B5 637E323B6272

I fed the access rods through from the drivers side to the passenger side, deep down beside the pedals and behind the RNS-E (which I didn’t remove). I was able to tape the loom to this and easily pull through.

I then connected the lights.

The earth wire, there is a bolt behind the fuse box into the chassis which I used. For the power wire from the loom, this needs to be connected to Pin 50 in white 52pin plug, it’s the white plug in the middle. I was successful this time having the right pin on the loom, unlike the eBay version.

For the coding, I made three changes to Module 09.

Byte 12, Bit 5
Byte 20, Bit 0
Byte 25, Bit 3

On ‘Do It’ the lights lit up.

It may be related to Byte 12 but I have Interior Lighting in my DIS. I’ve set the lights to 100%. The come on with the door warning lights but also when the headlights come on.

AFE24C0A E8CA 4E69 B4E7 3A7EBDD1BB21

AEFC2E7D CB1F 47DB A0BB 6F3E78767071

I took the car for a run and when turning right, or full lock to the right there is a terrible clicking... It’s never ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy, HHS3, RobinA3 and 1 other person
I'm listing the parts & part numbers of the retrofits I've completed. I've left the prices off as prices change and eBay is normally competitive. This saves me scrambling across different posts I’ve made to find the details.

Auto Folding Mirrors - Sportback
- Door Modules: 8P0 959 801 P/802 P (my MY61 car already had these fitted)
- New door/pull handle: 8P4 959 522 C7 PE
- Mirror: 8P2 858 531 GC (heated, fold, dim, indicator) (MY61)
- Mirror: 8P2 858 532 GC (heated, fold, dim, indicator) (MY61)
- Optic for switch on door handle (bezel): 8P0 919 173 C
- Door Switch: 4F0 959 574 A
+ coding

Ashtray Delete
- Cigarette Lighter (with flappy lid): 8P0 863 387 A6 PS
- Pocket/tray: 8P0 863 301 A4 PK
- Diffuser/light cover: 8P0 864 138 A4 PK
- LED Light Bar: 8P0 857 355
No coding required. Use power from ashtray light, feed underneath the pocket, up behind the CC and connect to 8P0 857 355. It's just long enough!

Aux Connection
- 32pin AV Connector: 1J0 972 977 G (the grey plug)
- AUX in Socket: 8J0 035 475
- Audi repair wire: 000 979 009
- 4 pin connector: 8E0 973 754 (connect wire to socket)
+ coding

A3 8V Rear Wiper
- Rear Wiper Arm: 8V3 955 4071 P9
- Wiper Blade: 8V3 955 425
- Washer Jet: 8V3 955 985
- Wiper Jet Cover: 4G9 955 205

Q3 Climate Control retrofit
- Q3 unit with heated seat buttons: 8U0 820 043 G
+coding

Front and Rear Interior Ceiling Map Lights
Both of these parts are universal with the A4/S4 (B6,B7). Some have front units have the Airbag Warning light but match to what you currently have.
- Front Interior Map Light with Red LEDs: 8E0 947 135 D
- Rear Interior Map Light: 8E0 947 111 A
I needed to reuse the monitoring sensor from my original unit as I got an error on VCDS. Maybe running Adaptation could have resolved this but I'm not smart enough to run that.

Reactions: paddy, ch1z64, HHS3 and 1 other person
The car is booked in with VRT in Slough later this week to have the ST-X coilovers fitted. They've been sitting in the lounge since mid-November so it's about time they went on the car. Whilst it's with VRT they'll also fit a Loba HPFP and a new cam-follower.

The Loba should be fine with my current Stg2 map but I now have most of the items I require to move forward to Stg2+ including the RS4 FPRV and CTS RFD.

IMG 9271

I also had a delivery from America today - a SPEC Stg2+ clutch kit and SPEC SMF flywheel, thanks @HHS3 for his research and listing the part numbers.
  • SPEC Flywheel - Steel SV87S - £308.89
  • SPEC Clutch Kit - Stage 2 PLUS SV873H-2 - £398.05
I purchased this from an eBay shop F-Squared Performance, the postage was £51.59 and tax was a horrible £193.71 so £952.80 all up.

Spec sell directly or through LMPerformance - I think they're the same company, but their email comms were pretty poor, single word responses which didn't instil much faith. Several on here have used UltraRev (Walter) in the past but he's either not there anymore or they are now trading under a different name.

I'll get the clutch fitted towards the end of the month and get some miles on it before a Stg2+ remap.

IMG 6008 IMG 2300 IMG 8915

Reactions: HHS3, ch1z64 and S.
Have you looked into going stage 3 ? I'm trying to find what's needed to go from stage 2+ to stage 3
fcd1ae018ddfd884787415205b184990.jpg

I've already got all same mods as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not planning on selling the car so anything is possible in the future - it’s getting near to where I want it but I honestly don’t have an end goal in mind. Maybe big turbo one day, just don’t know yet.

I had my ST-X coilovers fitted a couple of weeks ago and I'm really happy with how they perform. They aren't as crashy as the factory suspension and although the ride is firmer they are quite forgiving through pot holes and on ill-repaired local roads. I'll be pairing them up with a set of H&R anti-roll bars in a month or 2 so as a complete package they should transform the handling and ride characteristics of the car. The coilovers have made a huge difference so I'm looking forward to seeing how the H&R's change this further.

Initial drop was about 30mm at the front and 15mm as the rear, the obligatory before and after pic is below:

IMG 2179

Unfortunately they did settle further over the the 2 weeks; I've been a little naive in thinking the clearance under the car was fine - although I slow down for sleeping-policeman and driveways I did't consider the bollards at work (the bollard was already down!)...

IMG 2173 copy IMG 7586

This little incident has taken a nice, even, semi-circular chunk out of the subframe but it's nothing some road grime won't cover in time. The car was up on the hoist yesterday having the SPEC Stg2+ clutch and smf fitted so they checked the subframe too. There is no issue with it so no need to repair, phew! While VRT had the car they did however raise it 20mmF and 10mmR...

The SPEC clutch and SMF: I've only driven 40 miles since fitted but so far it's feeling good. There is no chatter at all and I'd say it's as quiet as the stock clutch removed. I'm not sure if the chatter will come later on but with the clutch engaged or disengaged there is no noise at all. The clutch is slightly heavier than stock but I didn't notice this when driving, only want waiting in traffic. I need to give the car a couple more revs to move off but this is to be expected with a new, heavier clutch. I also had a braided clutch cable fitted too as there has been a couple of posts recently about the need for this with an upgraded clutch. The gear changes are smooth on both the up and down change but I'm only 40 miles into the 500 mile running in period. The only niggle would be reversing, it feels tight and jerky but to be honest my car has always acted like this in reverse.

There was also a slapping noise between gear changes which is no longer present but VRT said my old DMF had quite a bit of play in it, hopefully the replacement of the flywheel is the end of this.

Next up will be a set of H&R ARB's and a big brake kit, both of which are in the pipeline but several weeks off. This will give me time to get some miles on the clutch.

Reactions: leshkin