S3 Launch Control

Had my s3 for 14 months and not used it yet. In fact it was 3 months before I used acc and only today sone 14 months later I've used tye automatic park assist

acc is rather unnerving on first few uses but you sort of get used to it

The park assist was weird and you have to watch the power and braking as it's a bit fierce. Never really used it as I'm fine with parallel parking

Same here. Had my S3 for 12 months and never used launch control, to be honest not sure where I'd use it?
When I give the car some welly I'm usually rolling out of a junction/roundabout etc so I dnot see the point.
Lucky enough not to have some d**k try and race me off the lights yet!! Closest I came to a "race" was with another a3 (not S3)....I mean.... Really??!!

Perhaps it's unlucky not to have had a traffic light burn out with a d**k. There's something quite satisfying about beating something two or three times as expensive away from the lights. Non turbo Porsche's are good game

I destroyed a boxster off the line the other day, think he was too busy checking his make-up to realise he was in a race though :) Can't imagine the result being much different if he'd joined in though.

Reactions: Simon L, sjbarneS3 and RYuill
Question for those who have Start/Stop switched off via VCDS.
Does the car launch without flicking the switch?
Do you still need to flick the switch to get the light on?
Or does LC not work with it disabled through VCDS?

Question for those who have Start/Stop switched off via VCDS.
Does the car launch without flicking the switch?
Do you still need to flick the switch to get the light on?
Or does LC not work with it disabled through VCDS?

Launches fine without having to touch it

Not sure if this the right place to ask this question here goes though. Does anyone know the correct size and file format for video that can be attached to a post. Got a couple of launch dash cams shots but not had much success in posting.:blink:

youTube it and embed here with the "media" button at the top of the message box