S3 launch control

db23

Reaction score
So after 4 months and 5000 miles I thought it would be time to treat myself to a launch and I was like a kid at Christmas. Never felt anything like it, very impressed

Just wanted to know how the gearbox holds up and how many times is classed as safe for doing it?

Maybe safe is the wrong word but I couldn’t think of any other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: quattrorally
So after 4 months and 5000 miles I thought it would be time to treat myself to a launch and I was like a kid at Christmas. Never felt anything like it, very impressed

Just wanted to know how the gearbox holds up and how many times is classed as safe for doing it?

Maybe safe is the wrong word but I couldn’t think of any other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subjective question and I suspect different people will give you different answers.

I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. just don't take the ****. make sure the engine is warm and don't do it several times in a row.

the car is smart and has a million different sensors to detect when things go out of their specified ranges. you've got a warranty too hopefully.

Doubt anyone would be able to determine that accurately in any way. It'll be fine until it's not xD
Surely a launch control start (where the forces acting on all the component are sort of applied immediately) is much more of a strain on the whole drivetrain then just flooring it from stand still (where the forces acting on all the components are sort of applied more gradually).
When taking delivery of the car (in Poland) I've been told by the dealer that the car logs every launch control and if it's used "too often" it can void the warranty.
I asked them what "too often" means and they said "around 100 times PER YEAR" but they weren't able to back that up by any documentation or anything like that.
No idea if it's actually true and if it applies to all of the markets. But if it's really the case at least for some - i guess you could assume that doing "around 100 times PER YEAR" should be totally fine for the car..

The cars have a launch counter apparently and after 200 ish you can't launch any more unless Audi reset the counter.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk