S3 loosing a small amount of coolant

julians

Reaction score
I've noticed since I bought my S3 brand new about a year ago, that the coolant level has dropped very slowly, its now on the minimum mark.

Given that its so slow I dont think its a significant fault, but probably more just a slightly weeping joint somewhere.

Are there any common places in the s3 that leak, so I can have a go at tightening the hose clips myself as I cant be bothered to go to the dealer and have all the associated hassle that goes with it.

Mine appears to also lose a very small amount, have topped it up once in nearly 2 years. Wouldn't worry,I'm not.

Mark

So in 1 year its dropped from mid line to minimum, tbh its not bad at all & not something I'd worry about tbh, I mean its gonna drop some & if that was in a month then I'd worry but its an s3 the system is under fair pressures so its bound to drop some, some must evaporate somewhere.

if thats the norm for an s3 , i'll just ignore it/top it up.

never lost any coolant in my previous cars (non s3) though, except when there was a fault.

yeah mate just keep an eye in the engine bay for any coolant stains that would indicate a leak, check at bottom on drive areas & arb's etc, also if its under warranty with the stealers then get them to check the system as its covered anyway but I think its ok tbh