S3 lowering - adjustable rear arms?

visionthing

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I emailed a tuners local to me the following >

I have an Audi S3 8v sportback and have some H&R lowering springs (20mm) that I would like to fit.
What would the cost be for fitment? Are you able to do geometry or be able to recommend somewhere ?

I got this as a reply >

Have you fitted adjustable rear arms?
Has the car had alignment done to date ? If so when was it last done?
Does rear negative camber and thee wear bother you?
Spring install 200.
Front toe 25
4 wheel alignment needs rear arms approx 80

--------
I am now left with more questions than answers. Do I need adjustable rear arms for a 20mm drop? Does the advice re setup appear sound ? I don't want to be making unnecessary mods/purchases. Any help / advice much appreciated.

Last edited:
I've lowered mine on 40mm springs - no additional parts needed but you'll definitely need re alignment afterwards. That price is extortionate though - the swap can be done in an hour so you shouldn't be paying anywhere near £200. My advice would be to go somewhere else based on their advice and quote

Where are you based?

Just stick to the regular vag tuners you see on the forums. Springs are a straight swap and alignment will be needed afterwards.

Thanks for your replies, I think I will steer clear. I am based in West Sussex. GNJ Motorsport would have been great but are at the other end of the country

How far is AKS from you, they've just fit some h&r to a mk7 golf R, their based down south and Alex definitely knows his stuff.

AKS would be about a 230 mile round trip, a bit further than I wanted to travel. I haven't got a quote from them yet, although at this rate I think I might. I am West Sussex based.

These are the quotes thus far inc vat from companies semi-local to me for spring install and geometry >

TC Garage > £435
QST Tuning > £324
Balance Motorsport > £300
GMH Autos > £264

I was hoping to pay around the £150-170 for suspension install and 4 wheel alignment, am I really that far off the mark?

Most quality independant local tyre depot's can do the geometry and spring install. £200 - £250 is reasonable.