S3 Lowering Springs (thinking H&R 25mm coils)

phateuk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So the S3 is in for an MOT and service today, passed on everything except a rear coil spring which has a piece snapped off. Can get 2 new Sachs one from EuroCarParts currently for £100 with their sale on but thinking of replacing all 4 with H&R 25mm lowering springs instead for £185ish.
Am going to be taking the car to S2/+ anyway over the next few months and was going to improve the suspension at some point anyway.
Don't fancy going full coilovers due to the sheer cost and that I only do 5k miles a year and don't do track days n stuff.
Spoke with Damian @DPM and also AwesomeGTI and both recommended getting new top mounts and bearings for the front for an extra £50 or so. Car has only done 30k miles so wondering if I can get away without doing the shocks also.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are, read a few threads on here and seems the H&Rs are a popular choice. Not sure what to expect having never lowered a car before.

I like that the S3 is pretty comfortable stock, much more so than my old Leon FR anyway. Just doing want to ruin it by making it too hard for daily use.

Anyone else running these springs with stock suspension?

Cheers guys.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryant1998 and e9_mustii
Snapped rear springs is a common issue on the S3 - both my rears ones had gone and I didn't know until MOT time as there was no obvious change to the ride etc.

At 30k you won't need to change top mounts or shocks, but be wary of oem fitment parts and the wrong parts being 'picked' - see this thread ... https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/front-springs-oem-or-eibach-pro-s3-8p-3door.418318/

I've had personal experience of this on my own car when TPS shipped the wrong springs and it was only because my tech took the time to compare them that he noticed they were about an inch longer!

Same with the H&R spring kits, make sure they are for the quattro platform.

HTH

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I have stock shocks and H&R -25mm springs

MvLus5D.jpg

Snapped rear springs is a common issue on the S3 - both my rears ones had gone and I didn't know until MOT time as there was no obvious change to the ride etc.

At 30k you won't need to change top mounts or shocks, but be wary of oem fitment parts and the wrong parts being 'picked' - see this thread ... https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/front-springs-oem-or-eibach-pro-s3-8p-3door.418318/

I've had personal experience of this on my own car when TPS shipped the wrong springs and it was only because my tech took the time to compare them that he noticed they were about an inch longer!

Same with the H&R spring kits, make sure they are for the quattro platform.

HTH
Yeah seems like it, thankfully it was just the pigtail on the spring so it's sitting fine and drives normally.
I've ordered the H&R springs from BuyCarParts as they were the cheapest at £184 with free delivery. Triple checked the part number on multiple sites and it's definitely the right ones but we shall see what turns up.
Was gonna buy the top mounts and bearings from AwesomeGTI which are local but might just get them to fit them and charge me for the mounts/bearings if they need doing.

@dave_beastttt Ah sweet, how do you find it? What mileage are you on out of interest? Looks really nice as well

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk