S3 Mirror Covers.....I've an S3....without S3 mirror covers !

haywoon

Reaction score
Website
www.944virgin.com
My S3 doesn't have the aluminium look mirror covers which leads me to think one of four possible options:

• They were nicked and the previous owner put normal mirror covers on
    The previous owner put normal covers on so as to make it less obvious its an S3 (no badge on back either ... may have been worried about it being targeted and nicked)
    They were sh4gged so the previous owner put standard covers on
    The person who bought the car spec'd it without the covers

Im quite keen to put the proper article back on - there are a couple listed on fleabay at the moment and from my searches it looks like a reasonably easy job.

I guess I'll never really know what happened .... I'm assuming any person buying a new S3 could request "shiney mirror deletion" if they wished?????

i dont think people will spec theyre new s3 without the costly extra that comes with it unless they were getting money off it

You can't spec it without the mirrors - Audi just won't do it.

I remember seeing a brand new black RS4 with the black optic pack in the dealer a few years back having the silver mirrors replaced for black ones because they refused to do it at the factory.

You can't spec it without the mirrors - Audi just won't do it.

I remember seeing a brand new black RS4 with the black optic pack in the dealer a few years back having the silver mirrors replaced for black ones because they refused to do it at the factory.

Even more unlikely it was done from new then .....

Maybe just a matter of personal taste, if I bought an S3 it would be the very first thing I changed, not to my taste at all.

Maybe just a matter of personal taste, if I bought an S3 it would be the very first thing I changed, not to my taste at all.

Yeah seems to suit certain colours better, pointless on silver cars! looks good on black and sprint blue but weird on yellow and especially odd looking on white cars, even more so of the white cars have the black optics pack

Yeah seems to suit certain colours better, pointless on silver cars! looks good on black and sprint blue but weird on yellow and especially odd looking on white cars, even more so of the white cars have the black optics pack

I agree, colour of car is important & TBH, I prefer the wheel colour to match the mirrors within reason. Not sold on them on our Akoya coloured A3's Lee :)

I must admit I talked about it with my dealer, I am not that keen on silver covers on my mirrors on my BE version, and the dealer would change them but it was gonna cost me more, so I left them, from a resale point though I guess you would lose money on non silver mirrors on an S3

One thing that i always find amazing, is that there are still people selling them on eBay.. but when you look at there history they generally never sell any other car parts.
Yet they happen to come across a set of S3 mirrors , strange that.

Let's face it all S3 mirrors on ebay unless from a breaker or the actual owner are stolen.
The reason your car does not have them on is just that at some point they where either stolen and the owner thought better than to replace them, or he took them off and sold
them.

As pointed out you can not factory remove them.

If i had a pound for every time a forum member reported there mirrors being nicked , well i would have a few pounds !

If i get my hands on another S3 , i have always said that i will have the mirrors engraved with the following

STOLEN FROM
CAR REG NO

The new buyer can then simply contact the police with the reg number, unless they are also so shady they would keep them.

ive a set of mirrors, pm me with an offer, mine are surpluss to needs after a facelift with new parts so just looking to claw as much back as possible

The silver mirrors are a signature of the S3, IMO no S3 should be without them.
Just like the soft clutch:happy:

Cant help but think a large percentage of these S3 mirrors (and other parts) are knock off.