S3 - Modded exhaust from Audi?

Smiffi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My MY12 S3 is in getting a few bits and bobs looked at under warranty.

Firstly, they are replacing some seals to reduce the wind noise from the drivers door / window. I know there has been a few threads about this so hopefully Audi Silverlink will find a solution.

Second issue is a whining noise when I accelerate through 70ish. Sounds like it's coming from the rear diff but we'll wait to see what they come with.

Third was a clicking noise coming from rear every time i touch the accelerator in 4th and above. I had thought it could be the exhaust flap and the Tech called to say that is what he thought too. I put the car in yesterday and had a call last night saying they needed the car over night while the new exhaust was being delivered. It arrived today but when they came to fit it there was a bracket missing and because the new exhaust is a modified version, the original brackets won't fit. Any one heard of this new modified exhaust? I would have thought with my car being almost brand new it would have had new most recent kit on it?!

Oh yeah, they are also replacing my parcel shelf sun blind because it won't stay down. I've had an A4 BE as a courtesy which is pretty nice. I'd love to have the 19" rotas on my S3!! So far I've had a great service and the service guy has been on keeping me up dated all the way. Nice one Audi Silverlink!!!

This is very interesting to me...

I have a 7 week old S3 now and I have been wondering about the exhaust! Basically, it is really loud, but in a good way! Non of the S3's that I test drove sounded anything like as good. There is an awesome pop when the DSG moves up a gear at full boot!

Maybe I have this new exhaust if it exists? If that is what you are getting I think you will like it :)

This is very interesting to me...

I have a 7 week old S3 now and I have been wondering about the exhaust! Basically, it is really loud, but in a good way! Non of the S3's that I test drove sounded anything like as good. There is an awesome pop when the DSG moves up a gear at full boot!

Maybe I have this new exhaust if it exists? If that is what you are getting I think you will like it :)

That would be nice!! i already get the pops on upshifts with my S-tronic but I wouldn't say it was very loud.

I bet the numpties ordered the wrong flammin one. one for a sportback or vice versa.

I can't see them coming up with a new exhaust this late in the 8P's career....

I can rarely he my exhaust from inside the cabin, however I can feel the little pops when it upshifts, my housemate says he can always tell when I'm coming down the street to park up so from outside the exhausts must make some noise

That would be nice!! i already get the pops on upshifts with my S-tronic but I wouldn't say it was very loud.

Must be an S-Tronic thing, it's very cool :)

I bet the numpties ordered the wrong flammin one. one for a sportback or vice versa.

I can't see them coming up with a new exhaust this late in the 8P's career....

I did think that yeah.

I can rarely he my exhaust from inside the cabin, however I can feel the little pops when it upshifts, my housemate says he can always tell when I'm coming down the street to park up so from outside the exhausts must make some noise

Mine is very loud inside, maybe mine is leaking then :(

Mine is very loud inside, maybe mine is leaking then :(

Maybe your flap is remaining open when it should be shut? I think thats the idea of it, so it gets louder when giving it beans. People modify their flaps to get the extra noise all the time.

My friends 11plate s3 has a deep exhaust and his is standard. Mine (56plate) was no where near the same as his but now i have a milltek non res and his doesn't sound too different from mine if i'm honest. I was a bit gutted.

My friends 11plate s3 has a deep exhaust and his is standard. Mine (56plate) was no where near the same as his but now i have a milltek non res and his doesn't sound too different from mine if i'm honest. I was a bit gutted.

I was quite happy with the way mine sounded. It better not go quiet once Audi have replaced it!!

if you think its leaking, put your hand over the end of the exhaust tips, you shouldnt be able to make a seal, if you can you will hear it blowing underneath the car. Might be as simple as re-tightening somthing using some Holtx gun-gum or a replacement exhaust, but seeing they're fairly new S3s id highly doubt they will need new exhausts, possible, but un-likley.