S3 mods question (new owner)

mattdsc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am the pround owner of a black S3 and love it (second hand, but excellent buy)

I would like to have a remap done and know of a few suppliers, one being a Custom Code dealer very near to me. What other options are there? What sort of gains should I see. I am not going to go silly, just remap and perhaps some cosmetic things.

I see the car has day running lights (its a 56 reg) can those bulbs be replaced to a xenon look? Easy enough to do myself?

Also I quite fancy an armrest, any suggetsions (other than eBay) as to where I could get one?

Finally any other suggestions? I am not going to spend big money, but always like to add a little to the car!

Thanks
Matt

h&r springs totally transform the handling and looks of the car - www.orangetuning.de

revo remap seems to be the most popular and totally transforms the car

itg panel filter

milltek exhaust

armrest - keep an eye on ebay but are like hens teeth :(

all in, will be a nice, quick S3 after all that :)

Off Topic, Boycie, lmfao, I should get a medal for that one

Are there any offers on the REVO maps at the minute, as the £499 plus VAT seems a lot compared to a Custom Code one. Any suggestions on where to go to get this done? I am from Stafford (West Mids).

Same for the springs any suggestions on where to go for them?

Thanks

Springs definitely goto Damian@dpm, 100% use him, wont get better service than him mate.

Remap, well I could suggest my mate in Surrey as has been perfect on 4 maps now, but the drive costs maybe the difference in price, so have to weigh up the differences, its AMDSurrey btw, Simon, great chap.

Matt,

See the recent S3-REVO-d! thread on here - they seem to rate Votex in Congleton highly for REVO & suspension. Not too far for you.

Get the free trial & see how much it completely transforms the character of the car. Loved it myself & ADS in Preston were really, really helpful to me.

I sourced my H&Rs from Awesome for around £180, that offer is still on but I believe they are out of stock at the minute so a couple of guys have had a bit of a runaround as a result.
Its a decent saving so probably worth a bit of inconvenience, although I found the service excellent.
Give them a call, its a must have mod.
As is REVO:thumbsup:.

Not that Im biased in any way:eyebrows:

cheers
Paul

Go for Revo ull love it

Ive heard from a reliable source that Custom code is not that cracking, but im sure there are probably some users on here that will disagree.

GIAC or REVO ftw , there is also Shark performance thats not as well known but N8 can testify them for you

Last edited:
Ive just got home from Star-performance north east of Edinburgh.
Had the GIAC map put on with flashloader settings Stock,Pump and Valet.
The car put out 328 bhp on the rollers (with ITG induction kit),the transformation is unreal !!
I switched car into valet mode (approx 200bhp) on return home (about 120 miles) and was getting easily low-mid 30's mpg still increasing....perfect for around town and motorways.
Flashloader can be switched over on the run,switching back to 'pump' mode you can feel the car come alive with an extra 130 bhp......its incredible & cheaper than Revo !!!!

Try AVP in burton upon trent just off the A5 01283548483 they are revo dealer

Lets not get into a REVO vs GIAC debate lol, they are both as good as each other so the OP just needs to find out what the cheapest option is for him and the most convenient in terms of where the most reputable dealer is - that is of course if he wants to go down the GIAC / REVO route, both offer pretty much the same in all areas

good luck

Thanks for the replys. The nearest dealer is in Northampton - Veil Tuning, any feedback on them? I like the idea of the Stock,Pump and Valet modes. Can that be done with the Revo?

Last edited:
http://www.giacusa.com/dealermap/
As for the Revo they do something similar called SPS modules where you can alter the settings yourself more expensive though.
I love the GIAC so simple to use can switch from 200bhp (valet) to 330bhp(pump) on the motorway in a second.......feels weird lol

Thanks CJ3BLUE, would you mind PM'ing me with what it cost you for that setup and where you had it done?

Many thanks
Matt