S3 - New clutch required, what sort and how much?

julians

Reaction score
Hi All,

The clutch has just started to slip on my 2007 stage 1 remapped s3, after 33000 miles.

So, which uprated clutch should I replace it with, ideally one that can take the torque of a stage 2 remap if I decide to go down that route? and how much does it cost?

And what are people being charged in labour to replace the clutch these days?

you will want a sachs clutch, think they are around £450-500, a new DMF around £300 plus fitting £3-400
this is pretty much standard set up for most people running upto stage 2+

Ive just had a sachs/RS4 clutch system put in my S3 ready for stage 2+ on monday.£800 parts and fitted.

Done very well to get 33 000 miles out of the original clutch.As above,the Sachs is the most common choice here and on VAGOC,and is good for up to around 420lbs of torque(I have one on mine,which is coping well so far).The alternative if you go in for drag starts and racing would be the Southbend.

Thanks guys.

Its only slipping a little at the moment, so I'm trying to decide whether now is a good time to trade it in for something different (probably a z4m coupe), or spend the money on a new clutch and keep it for a couple more years.

Friends garage just up the road from me.its not what you know its who you know lol.Hopefully it wont slip in a few hours when it has stage 2+.