S3 oil change/service indicator

julians

Reaction score
Had my s3 for a week now, and I'm starting to get to grips with it, but I'm confused by the variable servicing . On the DIS, if I go through the menus to 'check' then 'service' there are two options, one is 'oil change', and the other other is 'service'. For the oil change it says it is due is 8500miles or 358 days, for the service it says it is due in 18500 miles or 1000odd days.

If I pull the right hand knob it says oil change in 8500miles or 358 days and then after a couple of seconds says service due in 18500 or 1000odd days.

So whats this oil change business and whats the service thing?

I've read the manual and I'm none the wiser, it says you can go for fixed interval servicing or variable servicing, but my car seems to be giving info for both.

I think the first service is only a oil change and a visual fluid check look round the car etc, the second dervice is always the bigger one with more things to do.

They may be coming now with this different option to view both the oil change service and the "normal" one as mine only has the one service option.

Jules,

My S3 is showing the same so i expect thats how Audi have pitched up the servicing for most recently delivered A3/S3's

hmmm, ok, so oil change in 8500 miles then? a total of a 9000mile service interval, so much for variable servicing and around 15000 miles between services.

Not that big a deal, as its no different to my last car, but I was hoping to get a bit more than this out of it, maybe 12000 miles?

Guess the service interval must be so short due to the type of driving that I do, I am only averaging 17mpg on the lifetime counter.

Cheers for the info everyone.