S3 or TT Vents

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I had some spare money in paypal so I dropped some money on some TT vents as I think they look better not being so bling, whenever I got in my A3 the S3 vents I stuck in ages ago used to just shine out at me & I thought urmmmm not sure I want them so in your face.

I think I prefer the TT ones with the gunmetal matt style & also the mechanisms seem alot smoother & less clunky, also the TT colour blends in better with the dash but also still nicely styled & distinguishable from dash colour if that makes sense.

I know it doesnt match with rns new knobs but tones it down a little.

Opinions please??

SDC10252.JPG

SDC10254.JPG

Prefer the S3 vents if im honest :)

im saying tt

and i hope that isnt a scruntched up heat magazine on the floor!!!

The S3 ones definately looks classier if not more bling...

i like the black what looks like soft touch edge on the tt ones for when you twist them

Well when I turn the left one it turns into chitty chitty bang bang & the right one turned becomes knight rider

im saying tt

and i hope that isnt a scruntched up heat magazine on the floor!!!

Nah mate I dont read any of those crap mags

The S3 ones definately looks classier if not more bling...

Thats whole point though, they are to bling

i like the black what looks like soft touch edge on the tt ones for when you twist them

They twist easier, not so harsh on the eyes if you get me, they are smoother, better action even if they are the same design for the opening etc action.

tt ones are nice and made of aluminium, my S3 ones are tacky and plastic

Go for it, this is a good look.

lol, classic, but I need the watch now, damn it, do you think the Hoff kept one

TT definitely!

How much did the TT one`s cost if i may ask?

Well I am heavily leaning to TT now as just took images of in more subtle light instead of bright sun & they just meld into the dash alot better than the S3 ones, still look great but not so bling.

I paid I think about £145, but they are hell of alot more from stealers, I paid £183 for my S3 vents, so did well with my TT ones I think.

Seems audi are coating plastic in alum for mirrors etc now, guess it saves money, cuts down on waste & you'd think they'd be cheaper but alas

Anyone for S3 vents even though Marc has painted his, someone must want some OEM's, lol.

Really can't decide, tending towards the TT though. Was in my mates TT a few weeks back and I like the look of them in the TT, more chunky etc.

I have another set of TT's if your interested Boydie.

I thought genuine S3 vents have a black inner ring like the TT one in the pic?

lol, classic, but I need the watch now, damn it, do you think the Hoff kept one

As we speak MarcQ is probably trying to Retro fit a Knight Rider watch kitt (geddit? Groan...) to his RNS-E or something aqually as wacky.

I thought the very same thing when I looked the images - I'm nearly certain they do because I was saying before that the only difference between my DIY ones and the genuine ones was that the genuine S3 ones had the black ring where my DIY ones had the aluminium ring.

I was wondering if Nigel got done over by whoever he bought them off.

As we speak MarcQ is probably trying to Retro fit a Knight Rider watch kitt (geddit? Groan...) to his RNS-E or something aqually as wacky.
believe it or not.... I was actually thinking about a knight rider related mod just last weekend! more on that later.....

speaking of knight rider - anyone seen the new 2008 series? saw the tv movie and the first two episodes of the series - not bad.... not great by any means, but not bad all the same. he's driving a mustang GT500KR (KR for Knight Rider) and it is crammed full of gadgetry including a microsoft surface type windscreen and the ability to transform into attack mode (spoilers and streamlining) and off-road mode where it turns into a ford truck!

I thought the very same thing when I looked the images - I'm nearly certain they do because I was saying before that the only difference between my DIY ones and the genuine ones was that the genuine S3 ones had the black ring where my DIY ones had the aluminium ring.
just did a search and found a pic of Rabbit's S3 vents:
DSC00808.jpg

note the ring is black.

the plot thickens!

I was wondering if Nigel got done over by whoever he bought them off.

the plot thickens!

Easy answer to your queries, I got my original S3 vents of a test S3 car from my german mate who gets the test car parts which are literally used for days maybe few weeks at most, so thats why my vents were solid alum colour instead of black inners I guess before they decided to change, they are originals as I've inspected them & the quality is definitely oem no way sprayed & no I certainly didnt get done over thanks

TT ones are bought from a different seller anyway, originals

Easy answer to your queries, I got my original S3 vents of a test S3 car from my german mate who gets the test car parts which are literally used for days maybe few weeks at most, so thats why my vents were solid alum colour instead of black inners I guess before they decided to change, they are originals as I've inspected them & the quality is definitely oem no way sprayed & no I certainly didnt get done over thanks

TT ones are bought from a different seller anyway, originals

I remember watching an episode of Top Gear a good while ago where Clarkson was doing a bit about some new car that was being tested by one or other of the german marques. The model he was showing off was a test\pre-production car and he said that under some law at the end of the testing period the car has to be crushed as they are technically not road-worthy or something to that effect. Is that how he gets the parts? By stripping out the test mules before they are scrapped? Not a bad way to recycle the parts I suppose.

From what I remember as you say from a while ago they trash the chassis/bodywork of test cars given they havnt been passed, but most tests cars use existing body parts which have passed tests like engines, seats, internal trims etc, so I guess he gets pretty good deal on these bits huh, well I wont complain as saved me fair bit over time & nothings ever gone wrong, touch wood(head)

I often see brand new engines from my mate, from 2.0 tdi upto the S5, pity cant slide that in my a3 huh, lol

What are those temp control knobs? This is a pic I found on a german forum.