S3 Order - But First.... Questions!

I was told by my local dealer that 12% is cost price, anything after is them making a loss - of course it depends if they have a target that month/qtr they want to hit as to whether they sell at a 'so called' loss or not.
Today I want to ring around and see if anyone will price match DTD.

On a side note, after the comments and weighing up pros and cons I now have decided (90% sure) to remove the Advanced Key. For the sake of sticking a key in the ignition I'll save £400, but all this cloning talk has started to put me off.
Cloning can be prevented by getting some form of OBD protection, plenty can be done to prevent the risk - just whether you want the "hassle"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was told by my local dealer that 12% is cost price, anything after is them making a loss - of course it depends if they have a target that month/qtr they want to hit as to whether they sell at a 'so called' loss or not.
Today I want to ring around and see if anyone will price match DTD.

On a side note, after the comments and weighing up pros and cons I now have decided (90% sure) to remove the Advanced Key. For the sake of sticking a key in the ignition I'll save £400, but all this cloning talk has started to put me off.

If one dealer (via DTD or Carwow) can do a price, then every other dealer `can` match that price if they want to. But as already said, a great price may be offered in order to hit a target that is financially more beneficial to them than making a £600 loss on a customers car.

However. I ordered my S3 Saloon in December 2014. Just before I drove off in their S3 demo the sales women said "We don't discount S & RS cars" when I'd mentioned about doing me a good deal when I return later that day.

Needless to say when I got back they said no discount. I pulled out a list of all the Carwow deals I could get that day. After nearly an hour, and talking to her, then the manager, I got within £100 of the best carwow price. Given they lent me an S3 for the day, they got the order.

If they offer you a price and state they can't match DTD, don't take no for an answer. And if they don't budge, just order from DTD. Better still, when I ordered my then Golf GTI, I found out (its not hard) which dealer it was. Phoned them directly, and got a bit more off. Saved them paying the broker fee to Carwow.

Reactions: fivespice, firecracker69, Ron240 and 2 others
All,

Thank you for all the replies! Very much appreciated!

AND after all that I never ordered the S3.... in fact today I bought an S5. Pick it up soon. I was back and forth a lot on this, and ultimately I decided to go for the S5 as it had the newer interior and a bit bigger, plus it’s was slightly less than what the S3 was going to cost so for me personally I’m well chuffed!

Again thanks to all for comments, really helpful :icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Chris.D, Ron240 and 1 other person
after all that I never ordered the S3.... in fact today I bought an S5. Pick it up soon. I was back and forth a lot on this, and ultimately I decided to go for the S5 as it had the newer interior and a bit bigger, plus it’s was slightly less than what the S3 was going to cost so for me personally I’m well chuffed
I'm assuming the S5 must be a pre owned car......but yeah I would prefer a 5 over a 3 too. :sunglasses:
Is it a Coupé or a Sportback, and what colour?
Oh and I have to ask.....is it keyless? :D

Reactions: firecracker69
I'm assuming the S5 must be a pre owned car......but yeah I would prefer a 5 over a 3 too. :sunglasses:
Pretty sure the S5 is keyless as standard (been looking at one myself :p)

Reactions: Ron240 and firecracker69

Yes that’s right, pre owned by Audi. It’s a 2018 in Glacier White, 5k miles.
I know there are more exciting colours, again personal preference but I actually like white cars so it suits me.
It’s Sportback (5 door) which again is my personal preference, means kids fit as well :blahblah1:

Extras were Phone Box Charging, Privacy Glass, Tech - Virtual Cockpit.

However, I was surprised how much kit is standard on the S5! Super Sports Seats, Park System Plus, Pre Sense City, Massage Seats, Full Electric Seats, Elec Tailgate, Advanced Key - all bog standard.

So yes, whether I like it or not I have advanced key :blush::blush::blush:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ron240 and Adam14
Sounds very nice and a lot of car you've got there....please post some photos when you get it. :)
Still no getting away from the £450 road tax, but you just have to accept that with a car of this class.
I've seen photos of white S5's with red leather seats.....maybe not to everybody's taste but I thought it looked lovely.
I hope you will be very happy with your car.....which I'm sure you will be. :)

Sounds very nice and a lot of car you've got there....please post some photos when you get it. :)
Still no getting away from the £450 road tax, but you just have to accept that with a car of this class.
I've seen photos of white S5's with red leather seats.....maybe not to everybody's taste but I thought it looked lovely.
I hope you will be very happy with your car.....which I'm sure you will be. :)

True - I had already come to terms with road tax, it is what it is so we just have to suck it up!
Red Leather isnt one for me, in fact I personally avoid any car with red leather, as you mentioned its a taste thing, just not for me lol.

Already got some :icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, Tej13 and 3 others
True - I had already come to terms with road tax, it is what it is so we just have to suck it up!
Red Leather isnt one for me, in fact I personally avoid any car with red leather, as you mentioned its a taste thing, just not for me lol.

Already got some :icon thumright:

View attachment 175473 View attachment 175474 View attachment 175475 View attachment 175476 View attachment 175477

Have never personally been a fine of white cars but that looks ace, truly nice! Congrats, enjoy!

Have never personally been a fine of white cars but that looks ace, truly nice! Congrats, enjoy!

Know what you mean, it’s personal taste. If choice was an option it would be blue, but hey we can’t have it all even tho I tried!

Not quite the S3 Black Edition Ara Blue Saloon I had in mind :blink:

Thank you, looking forward to it.

Know what you mean, it’s personal taste. If choice was an option it would be blue, but hey we can’t have it all even tho I tried!

Not quite the S3 Black Edition Ara Blue Saloon I had in mind :blink:

Thank you, looking forward to it.
Hey if you want to swap I'm open to offers