S3 Parade Red Design Package Interior Option Anyone?

Obviously I did pick SSS (and love them) but really not a fan, they only seem to have been specced on press cars, I don't think many here have got them, but each to their own! I find the SSS very comfortable, great thigh support, and just enough side bolster for me, but then I use it as a daily driver so perhaps aimed at me rather than someone just driving fast at weekends?

Reactions: pat15312
ok.. so I'm going against the grain a little here.. but I've ordered them in a Misano saloon.. i think they go with it really well. As we all say, each to our own. I just think they really set off the red/black mix on the red car/privacy glass etc etc.. dont hate me :)

Reactions: David83S3
ok.. so I'm going against the grain a little here.. but I've ordered them in a Misano saloon.. i think they go with it really well. As we all say, each to our own. I just think they really set off the red/black mix on the red car/privacy glass etc etc.. dont hate me :)

Mate, glad you've gone for what you want and think looks good, nobodies opinion counts for more than your own when it comes to YOUR car!

Reactions: Addict
Can anyone tell me as i`ve drove an s3 with standard setd and wished for more side support! Does the s.s.s. give greater side support? please your facts would be much appreciated!!;)

Standard Seats (Nappa or Alcantara) vs SSS

Same Seat Base
Same Seat Back
Same width on the seat back between the bolsters
The only difference is the side bolsters on the seat back - slightly more pronounced (not much in it) than the standard seats.

They are not in any way comparable to Recaro's etc.

Had SSS in my previous car an S5, don't have them in the S3.
SSS are style over function having had both. They look good, but don't better the seating position or the hold anywhere near enough.
I've ordered buckets in my RS5.

Standard Seats (Nappa or Alcantara) vs SSS

Same Seat Base
Same Seat Back
Same width on the seat back between the bolsters
The only difference is the side bolsters on the seat back - slightly more pronounced (not much in it) than the standard seats.

They are not in any way comparable to Recaro's etc.

Correct no where near the buckets in my current S3, but not necessarily a bad thing - just different.

I saw a 3-door in red with the red leather inlays in the centre of Edinburgh yesterday.

Not my sort of option but must admit it did look smart on the car.

John.

I have ordered the parade red seats on a Misano Red S3 ....and I must say one day I love the idea of them ....the next day I think Hmmmm...are they a bit "in ya face" ...??????? ...Still time to change my mind ......Do I? Don't I? Also I worry a bit about the future sales appeal of them on the car....as not many people seem to like them. The SSS look good from some angles, but look pretty weird from other angles. I do like the diamond stitching tho!!!!

I have them on my Misano saloon and love them, as has everyone that's seen them... :) I doubt you will regret it, they go really well!

Reactions: David83S3 and Bristle Hound
BH. Before March comes maybe you will change your mind again! Oh no! NOT AGAIN!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
^ I like :cool::cool::cool:

Any more pics? :think:

Yeah I keep meaning to take some but as I'm now not washing it till spring it's not looking quite as shiny as it was. I do have a few more snaps though so will play with the number plate and get them uploaded.

Although is that really a good idea before yours arrives BH?... ;)

I haven them on an estoril blue sb and love them. All black interiors look drab imo. Each to his own!

I do like the SSS but as I was going for Misano I couldn't resist having these seats in it. Like you say, each to their own and all that by personally I love the look of these :)

I test drive one in Epsom that had these seats and hated them, gaudy cavy. ..no thanks but then I'm old

If it helps I recently purchased the misses a A3, it's not a S3, however does have the similar seat with the Capri orange. I have to say the pictures do not do it justice, in reality they look lovely and really lifts the interior into another dimension.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 300
Still waiting for my S3 to arrive (March 1st) and I am keen to see as many pictures of the Parade Red interior as I can. So far the pics I have seen have been "dark and dingy" and I cannot really see what (I imagine) they actually look like. Anybody got this interior? and a good camera?

Opinions on this option also welcome.....I suspect this will be a "Marmite" subject ...Love it or hate it!!!

:help::sos::thumbs up:

hi guys ,

I'm from belgium and looking to buy a s3.
Anyone got pics of the standard interior with the red stitching?

thx!

You don't get red stitching with standard interior, only with interior red parade, unless I'm mistaken?

Would be cheaper to go over the white stitching with one of these? :)

permanent-marker-407-red.group.jpg

Reactions: elpaulio, David83S3 and Blackwhite
Thx ! Over here you have the all standard interior is fabrik with Black leather sides ..
The fabrik looks like little Black squares with red edges ..

I have the parade leather interior.. Most people that see it in the flesh love it.. Its a bit marmite in the pics but looks better in real life. Mine is on a red car, which I think it goes well with.. As it does with Black.
IMG 4113
IMG 4116
IMG 4113

Just bought a 63 plate Estoril blue sportback, and that has the red seats. Was a demo car so lots of options ticked. Might not have chosen it but doesn't actually look that bad.

Reactions: Audimad