s3 post cat lambda part number please

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi guys
would somebody please be kind enough to confirm the post cat lambda sensor part number.

ive picked one up from euro car parts who told me its the oem part for my car but the leads nearly 2 meters long
the old one was under a meter.
any ideas?

All Bosch probes come with long leads... its only OE if its in a VAG box (which can happen from time to time)

Part numbers can be found using the partsbase.org link in the stickies

<tuffty/>

ive typed my reg no in the ecp website along with there part number and it says its no match

i then searched for the right one under my reg and it has one 780mm long
1 meter less than this one
guessing they got it wrong :(

is it...
a) Bosch
2) 4 wire plug...

If the answer is yes to both then you should be fine...

Its not unusual for motor factors to have the info slightly out... they would argue its a compatible part and therefore fine

All the Bosch lambdas Bill gets from GSF/ECP have really long leads but work fine... I had to cable tie my wideband lambda I got from GSF due to the length of the cable

<tuffty/>

does it have to be a bosch guys?
who makes the oem one?
can it be FEA?

thanks tuffty

sorry tuffty i replied before you had
yes its a bosch
ive googled the part number and it comes back for an aug replacement?
although i have found wrong info on ecp many times as youve said
i just dont wanna fot an 80 quid lambda as they wont return it used

ok so that would match the old one i have
06A906262BB

how can i check the new one id rather not chop it about
maybe just cable tie the excess?
my new bosch on has a part number of
0 258 006 978

how can i check these match

thanks for helping and being patient

In all honesty I don't know... ETKA won't list bosch part numbers for obvious reasons...

Experience suggests that the sensor should be fine as VAG use the same parts across much of the range of cars and marques... the variance tends to be model specific issues such as cable length etc where replacement parts like this from a motor factors tend to cater for all variants as it would be logistically and financially impractical to keep one of each just for one manufacturer...

The part you have should be the right sensor but with a cable long enough to cover all variants

Obviously I can't say for sure of course as its not sat in front of me but I can't see why it shouldn't work... if you are that worried then I'd send it back and get a genuine one but I think you maybe worrying a bit too much...

I assume the reason for getting a new post CAT lambda is because you plan to run a CAT?

<tuffty/>

no ill be running decat but we broke the old lambda trying to get it out :(

im after post cat and this seems to be pre cat
not even sure it matters

why do i have a bad feeling your going to tell me i dont need a post cat lambda with a decat??!!

why do i have a bad feeling your going to tell me i dont need a post cat lambda with a decat??!!

You don't need one that works that well... efficiency code can be coded out as can the heater checks etc iirc... just needs to see a sensor plugged in...

Its used purely to monitor CAT efficiency... if no CAT then its role is redundant so gets coded out

<tuffty/>

so i could either buy a cheap rubbish one off ebay or use my old battered one?

glad you said that as ive cut the old one out of its boss hahaha
thanks a lot guys!!!
cars up and running so great help!!

glad you said that as ive cut the old one out of its boss hahaha
thanks a lot guys!!!
cars up and running so great help!!

Obviously it needs to be a 'working' one that won't generate fault codes from being actually faulty but the cat efficiency stuff can be coded out fine...

<tuffty/>

yeh it was working just stuck in

thanks again guys