S3 POWER in a POLO GTI better than a S3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cream2cream

Reaction score
Hello, anyone know of this polo gti with a s3 engine?

my cousins planning to buy it instead of a s3, he thinks it'll be cheaper to run and insure than a stock s3

advice would be very much appreciated?

It would be insured as a modified vehicle, probably costed around the same as the car its based on. Deffo be quicker as it's lighter than a lardy S3

It'll look like a Polo too, remember (I suppose not the worst thing, but certainly no S3). It should be a bit cheaper on fuel, being lighter etc, but servicing and repairs could end up being more since it'll still be S3 bits needed and someone familiar with both cars.

Built a 450hp Polo a while back... was a handful tbh... even with a diff and Apexi boost controller but a hybrid K03 in a Polo would be pretty swift and well within the realms of the chassis...

<tuffty/>

polo1-1.jpg

polo-powder-3.JPG

polo-golf-power.jpg

<tuffty/>

Built a 450hp Polo a while back... was a handful tbh... even with a diff and Apexi boost controller but a hybrid K03 in a Polo would be pretty swift and well within the realms of the chassis...

<tuffty/>

WOW bet that cost a fair few pounds, 7k+ in conversion work???

It would be insured as a modified vehicle, probably costed around the same as the car its based on. Deffo be quicker as it's lighter than a lardy S3

nope i think he's only tellin insurance its been "SLIGHTLY" modified, not a s3 engine, insurance would cost him > the cars worth as what they wanted for the s3; £3.3k car £3.5k insurance LOL

no engine bay pix? Is it that bad under the hood?
would have thought they would have shown that off.. its the main selling feature of the car?

nope i think he's only tellin insurance its been "SLIGHTLY" modified, not a s3 engine, insurance would cost him > the cars worth as what they wanted for the s3; £3.3k car £3.5k insurance LOL

As long as he doesn't use Adrian Flux then as they sponsor Audi Sport and have no doubt noted the reg number and this conversation :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

Lets hope he doesn't crash as he won't be covered by insurance at all.

Not being funny, but if he cant afford to insure the car for what it is, why do it?

Its stories like this that end up putting the cost up for innocent people that are insuring their cars.

Not to mention if anything happens to the car, he isnt going to be insured and think of the hassle the 3rd party would have?

Anyway, thats my moan over....apart from that the car does look pretty good and will defo be very quick, I see its Birmingham based, but I have never seen it about, I do remember a Nimbus Grey one a while ago and that was rapiiiiid!!!!

i think you should stop acting "ALL THAT" with the insurance thing, everyone does it, just like you drive your car over 70mph, OH i forgot you've never in your life BROKEN THE ROAD LAWS;

"Its stories like this that end up putting the cost up for innocent people that are insuring their cars.

Not to mention if anything happens to the car WHILST YOUR SPEEDING, he isnt going to be insured and think of the hassle the 3rd party would have WHEN YOU SMASH INTO THEM AT OVER 70mph?"

:racer:

The thing is, NOT everyone does it. If he hits a car full of people and kills all bar one and that one is then disabled because of his actions, whether he is doing 2 MPH or 70. Who is going to pay for the care of the person? If i hit a car doing 100 mph, I will still be insured. I will have broken the law, but a different traffic law.

It's this kind of thing that keeps insurance premiums high. If you didn't want anyone to comment, you probably should have thought better of posting it on an open forum.

So you are saying he will obey every traffic law because he knows he won't be insured? I didn't think so.

i think you should stop acting "ALL THAT" with the insurance thing, everyone does it, just like you drive your car over 70mph, OH i forgot you've never in your life BROKEN THE ROAD LAWS;

"Its stories like this that end up putting the cost up for innocent people that are insuring their cars.

Not to mention if anything happens to the car WHILST YOUR SPEEDING, he isnt going to be insured and think of the hassle the 3rd party would have WHEN YOU SMASH INTO THEM AT OVER 70mph?"

:racer:

Its not about being 'all that' as you put it dude and I think you will find, not everybody does do that, oh and you dont know me or anything about my circumstances to know whether I care to go over 70??

Even if i did go over 70 and hit someone, I would still be insured, regardless.

Bottom line is you are on a public forum, openly talking about breaking the law and its common knowledge now that ALOT of insurance companies use forums to gather information on people that may or may not be insured, they hate paying out, so if they had anything on your cousin, he would have paid his premium and the company would have every right to cancel his policy there and then, with no refund and in turn make it even harder for him to get insured again....thats if he was to get another policy!!

Not trying to be a higher authority here or anything, but just saying what many others are probably thinking.

:)

Once that Polo gets its traction it will leave an S3 easily. It's much smaller and lighter! There used to be a grey one not far from me and that thing was stupidly quick!!

As long as he doesn't use Adrian Flux then as they sponsor Audi Sport and have no doubt noted the reg number and this conversation :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

Cars are not found via numberplate anymore.

Due to the un-insured driver crack down, they are now done only on ABI code check to calculate premiums

to save a argument i'ii advise him if he does buy to get insured the right way but how many people are out there driving with undeclared its defo less than the speeders out there who on a daily basis break the law

Given the previous owner has correctly updated the DVLA with the fact that it has an engine conversion:

Date of Liability01 09 2012
Date of First Registration03 01 2001
Year of Manufacture2001
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1798cc
CO2 EmissionsNot Available
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourBLACK

Its going to be pretty difficult for your mate to pretend to the insurance that its only a 1.6 GTI with a few tweaks...

What a fkn penile response to nilz Comment.

Buy it, don't insure it, do what you want, act like a penis in a car you cant afford to own. I hope you get busted

Given the previous owner has correctly updated the DVLA with the fact that it has an engine conversion:

Date of Liability01 09 2012
Date of First Registration03 01 2001
Year of Manufacture2001
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1798cc
CO2 EmissionsNot Available
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourBLACK

Its going to be pretty difficult for your mate to pretend to the insurance that its only a 1.6 GTI with a few tweaks...
I thought they were a 1.8t anyway, a ko3?

<tuffty/>

Lol but a good point joking aside & seriously worth remembering.. I have read one devious example of an insurer trying to use forum banter against its insured driver, suggesting he was street racing at the time his engine caught fire. If you get a discount by quoting your forum user name, either use a 'clean one' or be very careful what you say out there!

What a fkn penile response to nilz Comment.

Buy it, don't insure it, do what you want, act like a penis in a car you cant afford to own. I hope you get busted

HEY u "NUT", strongly suggest you keep ur idiotic comments to YOUrsELF, my cousin has > enough money to buy a s3 given that they now sell for **** peanut money

Lol but a good point joking aside & seriously worth remembering.. I have read one devious example of an insurer trying to use forum banter against its insured driver, suggesting he was street racing at the time his engine caught fire. If you get a discount by quoting your forum user name, either use a 'clean one' or be very careful what you say out there!

insurance companies re only interestedin FACTS not some BANTER on a forum, i doubt that they pay any information to forums when paying out BUT if they happen to b like the flux insurance they may well do, really depends on valve on the car, they aint gonna spend hours going through forums trying to catch people out on a cheap 3k audi,, may well do on a 15-20k motor but doubt it very much on a 3-4k s3, they'll even bother

Status
Not open for further replies.