Facelift S3 rear diffuser black edition.

stubbly46

Reaction score
8051A559 176A 423F AB66 A069EAABB078 I’m looking to change my standard light grey diffuser to a black edition one. I now have a front grill which is a metallic dark grey and not black and am wondering if the colour is also a metallic dark grey rather than black. I’ve looked at some used ones which all look rubbish to be honest and haven’t been able to find an excellent condition one so I’m thinking of painting my existing one as an alternative. Does anyone have an idea of the colour used, I think the straight strip across the width maybe gloss black.
TIA.

I don’t know if you’d considered this but it’s probably cheaper to just buy a Maxton Design diffuser they come in gloss black, rather than paint your existing one. Plus you could sell you original one then.

They are pretty cheap and quality is good (avoid Carbon finish). Think I paid about £120 for mine that’s fitted to my S5 and it looks so much better than OEM.

I have looked at them but for me I’d like to keep it standard looking and think the maxton ones look a bit more aggressive, I thought with the number of owners switching to the Maxton ones there’d be a few decent genuine black edition ones for sale but they’re mostly from car breakers which need painting anyway. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Reactions: Bells
An update on this, I’ve ended up buying a new one through Crewe Audi on this site at a very good price, a better price than the used ones I’ve seen. I’ve also discovered the colour of the black edition front grille, it is listed as dark chrome with parts of it being gloss and other parts Matt. I’ve googled this and found touch up and aerosol paints available with the following codes.
DARK CHROME HIGH GLOSS- LRN4
DARK CHROME MATT- LRU6
Useful if anybody needs to touch up their S3 black edition grille or diffuser.

Seems to be a pattern here with Crewe Audi beating the second hand charlatans on price and CONDITION !!!!!!!

Reactions: stubbly46
Absolutely, I’m so glad I made the enquiry, if nothing else it would have given me an idea of how much a used item would be worth, but it was a no brainer to be able to buy a brand new item cheaper than some of the trash being offered at higher prices. My buying strategy has definitely changed from now on.
And it goes without saying, a massive thank you to Crewe Audi.