S3 Remap - AMD Tuning

AMD had done all of the work on my car up until an aftermarket ECU.

I would totally recommend them.

Reactions: Shady0808
Ive heard nothing but good words about them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Heard nothing but good... but only from @S3Alex hahaha

Reactions: downtothebone, S3Alex and Shady0808
Thanks lads, you think it's worth the money?

They have something about getting a remap half price when your buy a milltek exhaust but can't find more details on it.

A stage 1 remap is definitely worth it mate, it transforms the S3 into what it should've come as standard.

Lots of S3's on here have been to AMD all of which had nothing but good things to say. Probably best to ring them up and see what they can do for you regarding the Miltek deal. If you're just getting a cat-back then no change but if you're getting a TBE/DP then all you would need is a CAI to go stage 2. Can see yours is a DSG so no clutch worries meaning a HPFP on top of the above would take you to stage 2+, sorry for the bad influence!

Mine is stage 1 mapped by AMD, it's a little more actually as I have a CAI. 325bhp and 345lbft.
I would recommend getting in touch with them if your thinking about it. It's such a great transformation to the car, but it can be the start to a slippery slope of tuning.
AMD also took my car in and gave it a full health check when I thought there was an issue with boost they didn't charge a penny which I think you couldn't ask for a better customer service.

One thing to note is something that I don't think is discussed much on here, it is much harder to find insurance with a remapped car. Whether you tell them is up to you, but it's something to think about + if you don't, but post on here and it's found could cause some complications further down the line.

Reactions: S3Alex and samuelh_888
That does include a rolling road fine tune once the remap is done. Other tuning companies charge extra so the overall price does seem higher at Amd. They are my first choice for anything technical on myAudi as well.

Reactions: S3Alex
Cool thanks for the replies everyone, I will have to pop by there one day and have a chat with them.

Mine is stage 1 mapped by AMD, it's a little more actually as I have a CAI. 325bhp and 345lbft.
I would recommend getting in touch with them if your thinking about it. It's such a great transformation to the car, but it can be the start to a slippery slope of tuning.
AMD also took my car in and gave it a full health check when I thought there was an issue with boost they didn't charge a penny which I think you couldn't ask for a better customer service.

One thing to note is something that I don't think is discussed much on here, it is much harder to find insurance with a remapped car. Whether you tell them is up to you, but it's something to think about + if you don't, but post on here and it's found could cause some complications further down the line.
Hi,
If anyone ever needs any help with re-map insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.