S3 Roof Rail Rust

BatForcePC

Reaction score
Morning All,
I'm looking to buy an S3 and have found quite a nice one. Problem is it's suffering from the rusty roof rail problem many of these cars seem to have.

If any of you have had this work done, do you mind giving me an idea of cost? The car I'm looking at is already quite strong money but other than this is in good condition so worth considering if this work isn't super expensive!

Cheers in advance!

Age old question on the 8L platform. Cost depends on how far you want them to go, iirc Audi do the roof and blend the 3/4 in.. if you wanted to go further you could have both rear quarters completely done... cost wise I'd say you'd be looking between 500/£1000 depending on what you want done and who you use?

Mines currently in the body shop now getting some work done. Getting both sides full done and boot.
My roof rails were bubbling and I had some around the front arches and lower doors. I havn't had the total bill yet.... but its going to be around £1400-£1600 mark. I'm getting the front done later in the year as its not too bad.

The guy doing it is the main body shop for the local Audi/VW and BMW dealerships - so has done a few in his time