Facelift S3/S line Roof Spoiler to a SE

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
Does a S3/S line sportback roof spoler fit a standard SE tailgate? I looked at pictures and it looks like both SE and S3/S line tailgates are the same and have the same fitting points and the roof spoilers only are different? Am I right? I can't find a S line A3 FL in Denmark (the one that is for sale is overpriced for its age) but there are a lot of 4-6 months old sportbacks on discount. I consider buying one and do the same conversion as I've done to my current 8PA. But I'm unsure if I can fit the S3 roof spoiler easy and with genuine look. Have anyone retrofitted the S3/S line roof spoiler to the SE rear lid yet?

Reactions: dp_motley
I swapped my standard spoiler for the RS3 spoiler it’s detailed here

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-replace-a-spoiler-on-a-sportback.378764/#post-3315687

The only thing to be aware of is I think they are different for the 3 door and 5 door . Also make sure to get one that has the 3rd brake light with it as I believe they are different .
Thank you! I believe the spoilers for the 3 door and the 5 door are different. At least they have different oem numbers. The good part that I learned from your write up is that the tailgate for the SE/S/S line is the same, unlike one on a 8P, and we can replace the spoiler only and do it clean and totally oem. I shared some oem numbers in your thread.