S3 Saloon Security

dgpim

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm collecting my 2015 Sepang S3 saloon next week.

I have been lurking around these forums and have managed to convince myself the car will be stolen within a few weeks!

I'm beefing up security on the house in preparation but I'm looking for ideas when leaving the car unattended in a car park or somewhere unfamiliar overnight. Are steering locks worthwhile? Will a revo sps void my warranty? Am I being paranoid?

I have not had to worry about any of this for the past few years as I've been driving round in a £200 rust bucket!

Any advice will be appreciated!

Don't mention Advanced Key,

I mentioned it once before, but I think I got away with it :p

Reactions: JohnM100, Snibo, Daveotto and 3 others
Hi,

I'm collecting my 2015 Sepang S3 saloon next week.

I have been lurking around these forums and have managed to convince myself the car will be stolen within a few weeks!

I'm beefing up security on the house in preparation but I'm looking for ideas when leaving the car unattended in a car park or somewhere unfamiliar overnight. Are steering locks worthwhile? Will a revo sps void my warranty? Am I being paranoid?

I have not had to worry about any of this for the past few years as I've been driving round in a £200 rust bucket!

Any advice will be appreciated!
@dgpim - A Disklok is your answer. The visual deterrent is always best in my experience :thumbs up:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/am-i-being-paranoid.224743/

Trackers ? Waste of time IMO. They don't actually STOP your car being stolen in the first place

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
I absolutely wet myself with fear about this. Try not to worry about it and enjoy the car. Yes, the S3 is one of those cars that may be targeted, however, percentage wise remember that more do not get stolen Vs those that do. Get yourself GAP insurance to cover all eventualities and so far as security is concerned, do what is right for you. Disclok, good as it is, can be unwieldy but maybe good if you park in dodgy areas. A lot of difference of opinion about trackers, and there are those such as the Trackstar Advance that immobilises the car unless a driver tag is present as well as being a tracker. Again, do what you feel comfortable with. Do not let the threat of scumbags spoil your enjoyment. As someone says above, that's what insurance is for.

As said, steering wheel lock. Time to go old school. I mentioned having a proper key to my dealer as I had no actual keys with past 2/3 cars. He said they didn't want to go down that route at the minute due to security issues!!

A revo map may void your warranty,I think a disklok is a good deterrent but also an aftermarket alarm,as said a tracker is useless as they just leave the car to see if it has one so by then the car has already become cat D.
Homeless make it as hard for them to take it as possible independant passive ir lights,cameras,gates

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to keep a Disklok in the boot. GAP is already in place, I don't don't like the idea of a tracker - if it gets stolen I doubt I would want it back. What is the benefit of an aftermarket alarm? Keep the fob separate from the keys? Hopefully after I've had the car a few weeks I won't be so paranoid (assuming It's not been stolen :tonguewink:)

Last edited:
Reactions: amped2
Aftermarket alarm has got to be better than the poxy Audi one also add proximity and anti Jack sensors to it and it'll ward them off

Move the OBD connector so that they can't clone a key

Bet they did not get caught, and even if they did got let off with a slap on the wrist...
Makes me mad that scum like this walk the streets...

Reactions: xpoweruk
Best advice is as said, get gap insurance and have decent locks fitted to your house and be vigilant regards locking doors when you're in - night and day. Plus get a zone house alarm so that if someone comes in during the night the alarm will go off and puts pressure on them to leave.

Most seem to be taken in either burglaries or, jacking, so personally i would make sure keys are left at the top of the stairs at night (if they are willing to come that far, they are willing to injure you for them), and when in traffic dont sit right on the bumper of the car in front, leave some room to pull away. When getting in and out just be generally aware of who is about. I dont think I would want disk lock on, a pain in the ****, and if for some reason your are approached as you get back to your car, I want in and off!!

If someone wants it bad enough they will get it, but if you make it harder for them they'll move on, just remember it is a car, not a family member, and as said, the number that actually get stolen is low. Seems the Golf R is hot target at the moment.

Just enjoy the car, if the worst happens then aleast you are covered and you can make your mind up as to if you should have another.