S3 SB...questions before I order??

the electric folding mirrors are a suprisingly manual effort. They're not like the BM's which fold up when you lock the car.

nor are the parking sensors standard fit either i'm afraid.

:think: Electric folding Mirrors - how do they work - are they hard wired via the alarm when opening and closing doors?

As for teh reversing sensors - do they not come standard :uhm:

Thanks again.

Was in post 23 : " I had it and i like it , although they do not close on there own , slightly pointless but again nice to have '

Although if they get broken costly !

Parking sensors are a must , they are expected to be on a car. NOT STANDARD.

Are you 100% sure about the roof rails , i am now retro fitting mine as i miss the look ( see above pics ) i think they are what makes a sportback a sportback. After market the parts alone are £430 + fitting which involves all the roof lining and some interior out , and the roof drilling. From factory order they are £220 and look smart IMO.

I see you have not gone for auto lights / rain sensor pack , this is one you will regret i am sure of it, auto lights is just one of the best options on the list , sack of the silly folding mirrors for that if your budget is tight.. But DO NOT SPEC AN S3 with out auto lights / rain sensor pack. Again its a option that should be on car of that calibre. ( should actually be standard , but then most of the options should be ! 30k and then you have to add more WTF!
But then i just bought a S3 sportback!

The one option i absoultly love on my new S3 sportback is the high beam assistant option. It is brilliant , put lights on auto , put full beam on and leave it on. The sensor in the windscreen just turns it on and off as required and i must say that it is bang on.Lazy driving yes !

Last edited:
oh and if forgot.

The no smoking option is free ! , and you have a nice area to put stuff in , and it glows red at night !

oh and if forgot.

The no smoking option is free ! , and you have a nice area to put stuff in , and it glows red at night !

.. The area is pretty useless when you have DSG.. when the car's in gear P, the gear lever is so far forward you can't get anything in it!

My car is S-tronic and i i put my phone and bits in there all the time , although the S3 s-tronic is a lot smaller than the standard s-tronic stick.

The one option i absoultly love on my new S3 sportback is the high beam assistant option. It is brilliant , put lights on auto , put full beam on and leave it on. The sensor in the windscreen just turns it on and off as required and i must say that it is bang on.Lazy driving yes !

Could you elaborate? Not sure what you mean? I maybe just stupid....