S3 Sedan Photos

OZAudi84

Reaction score
So here I am down under waiting patiently since the 17th of January for a build date on my S3 Sedan. I was hoping by now this place would be overflowing with photos of guys taking delivery by now? What's the go guys? S3 sedans are rare, short supply or still not launched over there in the UK?

I'm sick of the same old pictures that show up when you google 'S3 Sedan Photos'.

I'm sure they've been released in Europe, but from what I can gather, SB are more popular there, and it's the US and Chinese market that the sedan was made for.

But yes, with build week ballooning out to pass week 26, it either means there are issues at the plant in Gyor or there are huge demands for Sedans, remember SB are built at a different plant (in Germany).

Reactions: OZAudi84
I reckon I will one of the first to take delivery of mine in the UK, and it won't be here until mid April. I ordered a week after the order book opened and actually got my build slot swapped with a demo car, so that's likely why you haven't seen any pics yet. I haven't yet seen anyone ordering an S3 Saloon on here with an earlier build week than me although there might be someone somewhere.

Of course once mine is here there will be lots of pics ;)

Reactions: OZAudi84 and warren_S5
Just noticed its on Dunlop tyres, wonder why they got rid of the conti's

I'm confused, it must be a demo car, has done 3k but was registered in 2014, says its a automatic with 6 gears and has non standard tyres? So I went to Harrogate Audi and that showed it is an s tronic but it is registered in march 2014...

Last edited:
I'm sick of the same old pictures that show up when you google 'S3 Sedan Photos'.

458334x8nr401876S38V224558632S38V216523848IMG2546650534IMG2550733353IMG2549139374IMG2552994524S38V232311229S38V23333786902873BoimKbsuH2f9View attachment 30589

Reactions: OZAudi84 and Joetidman
What I hope mine will look like...

ImageImageImageImage

Reactions: Flebaz and OZAudi84
View attachment 30597
If that is the sunroof then it looks hideous when open imo

Can't believe I am saying this as I love the pano roof ... but have to agree, it does looks horrible when open like that.

Hmmm quite shocked by that picture.

Maybe pano roof best suited to Hatchback only.

Snake I think you're right, looks better on the hatch, one thing that the saloon didn't get right IMO

Snake I think you're right, looks better on the hatch, one thing that the saloon didn't get right IMO

Can't quite believe it tbh.
It does still look amazing on the saloon when closed - and no doubt it will look fine when tilted.
But one of the key features of this latest gen roof is that it fully opens.
I can appreciate now perhaps why the pano roof on A5's just tilts as clearly there would not be enough room on the roof for it to fully open, without it over hanging the rear window and looking odd !
Not the end of the world but a shame it does look like that fully open.

Its not the saloon that got it wrong, its the designer who allowed the pano roof to be fitted to it in the first. There could have been alternatives that would have look ok...

Last edited:
Agreed ...... I do really like the pano roof and if ordering a saloon I would still consider it for all the positives re look when closed, will look fine tilted, lets extra light in the car and on the days where you do want it fully open well you don't see from inside the car do you :)